Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone shoot BVAC "reduced Riccochet" ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Dark Mod
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 4284

    Anyone shoot BVAC "reduced Riccochet" ammo?

    Its like $20 cheaper per 1000 than their regular reloads, but what is "reduced Ricochet"? and why is it cheaper? does it mean its bi-metal cased and i cant shoot it at the range? Someone chime in before i order this stuff
  • #2
    damndave
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2008
    • 10858

    Interesting. Never heard of it before.

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      Originally posted by AlliedArmory
      Interesting. Never heard of it before.
      heres the link:

      Comment

      • #4
        iareConfusE
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 4464

        Reduced ricochet probably means frangible. The bullet will sort of disintegrate into tiny pieces upon impact, instead of just deforming and bouncing in another direction.

        Comment

        • #5
          paul0660
          In Memoriam
          • Jul 2007
          • 15669

          I called BVAC. It is a frangible round. She wasn't sure if it is magnetic but I would think not. It is 100 grams at 1222 instead of 115 at 1150 for the other stuff. She said email tech@bvac-ammo.com to find out everything.
          *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

          Comment

          • #6
            The_Tinman
            Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 431

            The description in that link says once fired brass cases so the brass shouldn't be a problem so long as the range allows reloads. I don't have any experience with the "reduced ricochet" ammo though.




            Comment

            • #7
              bumpo628
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 1142

              I believe frangible bullets contain zinc - which will play hell with people who smelt the recovered range lead.
              Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
              Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1