Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Any issues reloading steel cases?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Droppin Deuces
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2010
    • 5969

    Any issues reloading steel cases?

    So I guess I never noticed that Tula .223 is boxer primed. I know it's not worth it to reload Berdan primed cases, but what if they're boxer primed?
    sigpic
  • #2
    Triple R Munitions
    Banned
    • Jun 2009
    • 1004

    it will load fine if its boxer (i have the berdan primers for thos actually....) but the case life will be good for maybe 1-3 firings....the steel will be very brittle and split very easy. unless you aneal them.

    R

    dont load them. brass is plentiful. use that.

    Comment

    • #3
      Droppin Deuces
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2010
      • 5969

      Ok thanks. Yeah, I was thinking as a cost saving measure, but you're absolutely right; Have tons of brass already.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        rsrocket1
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 2772

        No, you cannot reload them. Send them to me

        They work fine as a "throw away round" to use if you're somewhere when you can't/don't want to pick up the cases. Bent case mouths are easily rounded out by the die, the steel is almost as mild as brass. Be sure to store the reloads in a place where there is not much moisture because the cases will rust eventually, otherwise they shoot just fine.

        Comment

        • #5
          Droppin Deuces
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2010
          • 5969

          Haha. Well, I'll hold on to all of it, and if I find that I'm not experiencing a brass shortage, it's all yours. Got about 1000 rounds...
          sigpic

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1