Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

need quick info

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kerplow
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2009
    • 8875

    need quick info

    can someone tell me the I.D. of a .223 neck after sizing? I'm going to make a pilot for my case trimmer and i forgot to bring a sized case.
    Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
    My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.
  • #2
    Rotting
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 345

    .224"

    Comment

    • #3
      Fjold
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2005
      • 23067

      Generally it will be closer to .220" since it has to have some neck tension to hold the bullet in place.
      Frank

      One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




      Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

      Comment

      • #4
        Rotting
        Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 345

        Yeah, I just mic'd mine. It's .221. Sorry for the quick post, I was going off of (bad) memory.

        Comment

        • #5
          Kerplow
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2009
          • 8875

          Originally posted by Rotting
          .224"
          really? i would have thought it was smaller. seating .224 projectiles sure is a tight fit.
          Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
          My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

          Comment

          • #6
            Kerplow
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2009
            • 8875

            Originally posted by Rotting
            Yeah, I just mic'd mine. It's .221. Sorry for the quick post, I was going off of (bad) memory.
            thanks!
            Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
            My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              Depends on whether you are neck sizing or going w/ the Full Length resize...just saying!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                Kerplow
                Calguns Addict
                • Dec 2009
                • 8875

                Originally posted by bruceflinch
                Depends on whether you are neck sizing or going w/ the Full Length resize...just saying!
                Im using a full length die but only bumping them back far enough to fit in a particular chamber.
                Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
                My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Kerplow
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 8875

                  Oh i get it. Yeah i meant case mouth. Damn terminology nazis!
                  Originally posted by bruceflinch
                  Depends on whether you are neck sizing or going w/ the Full Length resize...just saying!
                  Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
                  My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1