Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammunition questions!?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • T.O.M.
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 95

    Ammunition questions!?

    So, I'm about to shell an artillery of questions like I normally do, just because I ponder and ponder about these things.
    • If I purchase $25 / 20 pc. match grade ammution, are they new or probably reloaded?
    • Is this normal? It's Fiocchi Match Grade 69 Grain Ammunition..

      Picture


    I couldn't help but notice, something might be wrong with it? It was $17 / 20 pc. but it looks really dirty and such.

    Thanks.
  • #2
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    New as a robin's blue egg.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #3
      Low-Pressure
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1758

      Originally posted by T.O.M.
      So, I'm about to shell an artillery of questions like I normally do, just because I ponder and ponder about these things.
      • If I purchase $25 / 20 pc. match grade ammution, are they new or probably reloaded?
        NEW
      • Is this normal? It's Fiocchi Match Grade 69 Grain Ammunition..
        Can't answer that one, never tried that ammo.

        Picture


      I couldn't help but notice, something might be wrong with it? It was $17 / 20 pc. but it looks really dirty and such.
      The brass was ANNEALED that's why it looks like that.

      Thanks.
      ...with liberty and justice for all. Void where prohibited, offer not valid everywhere, price may change. See Big Brother for details.
      Originally posted by zfields
      9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
      Originally posted by bwiese
      Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
      If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
      http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

      Comment

      • #4
        bumpo628
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1142

        It doesn't really look dirty; that appears to be discoloration of the brass from the annealing process.
        Most of that will go away when you tumble them.
        Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
        Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

        Comment

        • #5
          T.O.M.
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 95

          So it's totally normal for newly bought ammunition to sometimes look like that? I know nothing about ammo, so was a bit confused. xD

          Comment

          • #6
            Low-Pressure
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1758

            Originally posted by T.O.M.
            So it's totally normal for newly bought ammunition to sometimes look like that? I know nothing about ammo, so was a bit confused. xD
            Yes, it's normal. Especially on rifle ammunitions.
            ...with liberty and justice for all. Void where prohibited, offer not valid everywhere, price may change. See Big Brother for details.
            Originally posted by zfields
            9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
            Originally posted by bwiese
            Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
            If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
            http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

            Comment

            • #7
              CaliforniaLiberal
              #1 Bull Goose Loony
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jan 2008
              • 4690

              When they smush the brass in to make the narrow neck and shoulder it makes the brass a bit brittle right where it's reformed. They heat up that area (annealing) to make the brass strong and elastic again. Some manufacturers go to the extra expense of tumbling the brass to clean that off before loading, but lots don't. It looks perfectly normal.
              Better Way to Search CalGuns - https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=0...78:pzxbzjzh1zk
              CA Bill Search - https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov
              California Rifle and Pistol Association - http://crpa.org/
              Sacramento County Sheriff Concealed Carry Info - Search 'Concealed Weapons Permit Information Sacramento'
              Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
              Animated US Map Showing Progress of Concealed Carry Laws 1986 to 2021 http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

              Comment

              • #8
                T.O.M.
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 95

                Originally posted by CaliforniaLiberal
                When they smush the brass in to make the narrow neck and shoulder it makes the brass a bit brittle right where it's reformed. They heat up that area (annealing) to make the brass strong and elastic again. Some manufacturers go to the extra expense of tumbling the brass to clean that off before loading, but lots don't. It looks perfectly normal.
                Ohhh I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1