Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good powder for both .40 and .45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wbrosha
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 373

    Good powder for both .40 and .45

    Ok so I have been reloading for my rifles for awhile and it is time to delv into pistol ammo. I will be reloading for .40 and .45acp and would like to know what the best powder would be? I have heard alot about Unique and power pistol?
    A peace sign is really only a middle finger and a trigger finger away---- Think about it!

    Wylie B.
  • #2
    hung380
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 639

    Winchester w231...

    Comment

    • #3
      bumpo628
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 1142

      +1 on the W231
      Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
      Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

      Comment

      • #4
        Hornet_RN
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 588

        if you reload LEAD CAST bullets, i like using IMR Trail Boss because the powder is sooo dense it prevents you from double charging and it's also easy to measure and doesn't stick the walls of the trickler.

        but you should only use LEAD CAST bullets only! i use it for loading .45 ACP.


        "sir...does this mean ann margaret's not coming?"

        Comment

        • #5
          gotgunz
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2006
          • 1972

          Originally posted by hung380
          Winchester w231...
          Originally posted by bumpo628
          +1 on the W231

          These!

          Comment

          • #6
            bcrich
            Senior Member
            • May 2008
            • 1159

            I use Ramshot (true blue) for .40,.45,9mm,5.7x28 it is a fine ball powder and meters awesome. Accuracy is excellent and is not very dirty, I was glad to find 1 powder that fit the bill for my pistol reloads. Try it out

            Comment

            • #7
              Breadfan
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1024

              Unique

              Comment

              • #8
                D-Man
                Vendor/Retailer
                • Dec 2009
                • 785

                Universal Clays. Very consistent results, low muzzle flash, and meters very well.
                Darren

                http://www.5arrowstactical.com/
                Follow us on Twitter here. YouTube channel available here. Like us on Facebook here. and on Instagram here.
                CA DOJ Instructor, NRA Instructor, Multi-State CCW Instructor
                UT / FL / VA / OR / AZ CCW Instructor
                Semper Fidelis
                Ps 144:1

                Comment

                • #9
                  Triple R Munitions
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 1004

                  Titegroup is pretty awsome, if i dont say myself. it meters pretty darn well. plus they are a low charge load so you can get more rounds per lb! for residue, i have noticed that the cases are a little more dirtier then running 231, but noting a little hoppes #9 cant fix!

                  R

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    LGB Loader
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 727

                    Unique. I have said this before 100 times. you can pretty much load any sidearm caliber with either Unique or 2400.

                    I know alot of old timers, Including my Dad and my Uncle Joe who only have/had these 2 powders on their shelves.

                    LGB
                    Training in The Peaceful Art to achieve unnatural naturalness and natural unnaturalness, BEcoming WATER while serving The Great I AM.

                    John 3:16

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      rob1105
                      Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 221

                      ++++W231 best thing since sliced bread

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        cgseanp1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 4651

                        Is W231 also good for 9mm? I'm looking for a powder that's good for 9 and 45.. if there is such a thing.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bumpo628
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 1142

                          Originally posted by Triple R Munitions
                          Titegroup is pretty awsome, if i dont say myself. it meters pretty darn well. plus they are a low charge load so you can get more rounds per lb! for residue, i have noticed that the cases are a little more dirtier then running 231, but noting a little hoppes #9 cant fix!

                          R
                          Titegroup + cast lead bullets = lots of smoke
                          Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
                          Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            pdq_wizzard
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2008
                            • 3813

                            also if you can't find win 231 HP 38 works the same.
                            Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                            A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                            Originally posted by M. Sage
                            More what? More crazy?
                            You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Chief-7700
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 3382

                              Winchester 231

                              XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                              IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                              NRA Certified RSO
                              "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1