Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bvac ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • biogenic
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 640

    Bvac ammo

    Has anyone used 10mm and 45acp bvac reloads ? I am thinking about putting an order through.

    WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series


    "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder

    "I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."

    Ollshooter32
    [/I]
  • #2
    johnny_22
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2005
    • 2180

    Cheaper than dirt had some reviews on the BVAC 10mm. Accuracy seemed to be the biggest complaint. No squibs, which I worry about more.
    Please, join the NRA.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      killshot44
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 4072

      I shot a bunch of their rifle ammo. No problems. Decent accuracy. Nice brass.

      Comment

      • #4
        Midian
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 1540

        I blow through boatloads of the .45 and .40

        GTG
        The Answer To 1984 Is 1776
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        The free people of the world are at war with an insidious enemy:
        a global banking oligarchy determined to shipwreck the economies of the world
        and feast on its corpse.

        Comment

        • #5
          uscbigdawg
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2007
          • 1869

          Good plinkin' and practice ammo.

          Rich
          "Speed is a tactic!" - R.W.

          "Pressure is what you feel when you don't know what you're doing." - Chuck Knox

          "The callus on my finger is from my trigger, not the keyboard!" - Rob Leatham

          Comment

          • #6
            biogenic
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2010
            • 640

            Thanks all. I'll try some
            WTB S&W 29/629 - 44mag 4" / Colt Commander 70 series


            "If we make enough laws, we can all be criminals." -Jeff Snyder

            "I will be spending the weekend studying...oh, and paying my taxes so they can continue to keep us safe from zombies, ghosts and goblins."

            Ollshooter32
            [/I]

            Comment

            • #7
              tdaughg
              Member
              • May 2009
              • 312

              I've probably gone through 400 rounds of their 10mm in my g20 and theres been no problems so far. i say go for it

              Comment

              • #8
                Blacky
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 1093

                I just got an email ad from Cheaper Than Dirt: 728 Ammo .308 Win. BVAC A-Max 168 Grain 2574 fps 20 Round Box $18.19 per box.

                And 729 Ammo .308 Win. BVAC Full Metal Jacket 150 Grain 2801 fps 20 Round Box Bi-metal Jacket M80 Bullet. $12.19 per box.

                They also have Winchester Ammo .308 Win. Super-X Power-Point 180 Grain 2620 fps 20 Round Box $16.55.
                Last edited by Blacky; 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM.
                "You may fire when you are ready Gridley."

                Comment

                • #9
                  WReyth
                  Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 361

                  I bought some .45 ACP for practice/training last summer. This batch has been having some FTF problems in one pistol, but not the other. I haven't had any problems with their .223 so far.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Prestoked
                    • Apr 2010
                    • 151

                    I'd love to buy from CTD, but when I put in an order they told me they won't sell to me in Sacramento County.
                    "While we would love to have your business, we have to abide 100% by the laws and restrictions in all areas."

                    I've spent thousands of dollars with Ammoman and Georgia Arms this year, so I know there aren't any "laws and restrictions" here. Unfortunately, they are the only commercial suppliers of Bitteroot Valley .50ae.
                    *Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Wilson Combats, Colts, Dan Wessons, Les Baers, Clark, Caspian, Kahrs, Glocks, Ed Brown, XP-100, CZ SP-01 Shadow, IMI Desert Eagle 50AE*

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bumpo628
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 1142

                      Originally posted by Prestoked
                      I'd love to buy from CTD, but when I put in an order they told me they won't sell to me in Sacramento County.
                      "While we would love to have your business, we have to abide 100% by the laws and restrictions in all areas."

                      I've spent thousands of dollars with Ammoman and Georgia Arms this year, so I know there aren't any "laws and restrictions" here. Unfortunately, they are the only commercial suppliers of Bitteroot Valley .50ae.
                      Surplusammo.com also sells BVAC ammo. I didn't see the .50AE, but maybe you could give them a call.

                      Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
                      Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Prestoked
                        • Apr 2010
                        • 151

                        Originally posted by bumpo628
                        Surplusammo.com also sells BVAC ammo. I didn't see the .50AE, but maybe you could give them a call.

                        http://surplusammo.com/index.php?mai...ha_filter_id=0
                        Thank you. I looked at the site and coudn't find it either. I'll call Tuesday.

                        Since I posted, CTD sent this:
                        "The law for ammunition in Sacramento states that in order for us to legally ship ammunition into the city of Sacramento, we must obtain a specific license through the chief of police. Rather than seeking the license to ship ammunition to Sacramento, we decided to follow through with the restriction to ship ammunition."

                        I don't live in the city, but rather the county. I advised them of this. We'll see.
                        *Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Wilson Combats, Colts, Dan Wessons, Les Baers, Clark, Caspian, Kahrs, Glocks, Ed Brown, XP-100, CZ SP-01 Shadow, IMI Desert Eagle 50AE*

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Blacky
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2008
                          • 1093

                          I defer posting here sometimes because Calguns does not allow me my full range of expression.
                          "You may fire when you are ready Gridley."

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Prestoked
                            • Apr 2010
                            • 151

                            Originally posted by Blacky
                            I defer posting here sometimes because Calguns does not allow me my full range of expression.
                            I hear ya. I'm, uh, "miffed".
                            *Sigs, HKs, S&W PerfCntr, Wilson Combats, Colts, Dan Wessons, Les Baers, Clark, Caspian, Kahrs, Glocks, Ed Brown, XP-100, CZ SP-01 Shadow, IMI Desert Eagle 50AE*

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Blacky
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 1093

                              Originally posted by Prestoked
                              I hear ya. I'm, uh, "miffed".
                              But as a new member, you should consider the pros and cons of having to tolerate a lot of nonsense. Welcome to the "civilized" jungle Pre... enjoy.
                              "You may fire when you are ready Gridley."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1