Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

POWDER VALLEY INCREASE IN PRICE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thrasherfox
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 2319

    POWDER VALLEY INCREASE IN PRICE

    I have Powder Valley as a friend on facebook

    they just put out the following statement:


    "Powder Valley Price Increase: There will be price changes in the near future. With the continued increase in metals prices we anticipate a sizable increase in bullet and brass prices in the near future. We will also be updating prices with year end manufacturer price increases."



    I went to their web site and could not find any mention of it there.

    Does anyone know if there is truly something causing this?

    I am beginning to become very skeptical about dire warnings.

    Everyone, manufactures, business, government, people in general are witnessing time and time again, that anytime there is a perceived threat to anything pertaining to firearms, people go out and start spending money.

    Heck, because of AB962 I dropped over $2000.00 on purchasing a Dillon 550, with all kinds of bells and whistles AND a bunch of reloading supply's

    granted, it wasn't like it was a bad thing. I mean I wanted to get into reloading anyway. But the AB962 probably pushed the issue for me and I probably diverted money in order to get it purchased ASAP.

    I have noticed ever since the Arizona shooting and the government talking about banning 33 round mags, it looks like it is difficult to find any in stock anywhere.




    So... anyone have any input as to if the statement from powder valley is based on factual circumstances and reloading is going to start becoming more expensive? or is it scare tactics?


    I have only ordered from them once so far so I am not real familiar with the company

    And here is their facebook page where they have put out this gouge.


    1 Peter 3:15

    But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

    2 Corinthians 3:3
    You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
  • #2
    XDRoX
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 4420

    PV is respectable company. I'm sure they are just giving fair warning on price increases that are imminent due to the continuing increases in the cost of metals. I wouldn't worry about it, the price increases will be small and fair IMO. Dillon also just raised the prices of all their machines, which they do every few years.
    Chris
    <----Rimfire Addict


    Originally posted by Oceanbob
    Get a DILLON...

    Comment

    • #3
      thrasherfox
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 2319

      Cool, thanks for the response. just trying to get my finger on the pulse of things.
      1 Peter 3:15

      But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect

      2 Corinthians 3:3
      You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

      Comment

      • #4
        Bill Steele
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 5028

        Commodity prices in general have returned to their 2007 highs. Economic growth in the emerging markets is generally credited with the bulk of this effect. The truth is our own Fed has a hand in it with QE2. In addition, the growth of ETFs that allow retail investors to purchase commodities also has a hand in their appreciation.

        Get used to major inflation if the economy ever does actually take off on its own.
        When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

        Comment

        • #5
          ireload
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 2589

          I really miss those days when I can reload 50 rounds of. 38spl for less than $3 and there were no hazmat fee. Times has changed and unfortunately reloading suppliers also price wise.

          Comment

          • #6
            jwest
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 3958

            It's really not the price of metals going up as it is the value of the dollar going down.
            sigpic
            "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
            Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
            Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
            We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.

            Comment

            • #7
              swerv512
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2006
              • 3076

              where have you been... i've seen prices climb for almost a decade....

              Comment

              • #8
                killshot44
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 4072

                I like the folks at Powder Valley. Good service and exceptional prices (compare Bergers anywhere else...).

                I don't like price increases but I understand why they occur. Good for PV for giving everyone advance notice, I think.

                Comment

                • #9
                  bubbapug1
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7958

                  Look at copper and lead prices...they ahve almost doubled again in the last two years...higher raw materials means higher prices.

                  The years of cheap oil, gas, metals, and politicians is over forever.
                  I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sunday
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 5574

                    Everything is going up .Some of us are just waking up to the fact.
                    California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1