Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Loading dinged cases you should see this!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dadswickedammo
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 737

    Loading dinged cases you should see this!!

    Hey reloaders have been reloading for a while and this is a first and second.
    I reload for SKS, AK, Saiga 308 and 223 among a lot of others dinged cases have been a way of life untill yesterday these cases were reloaded twice and yes the saiga dings the crap out of your cases.
    In the photo the first round came from the rifle wouldent chamber. second is with the top of piror round removed 3rd and 4th are the broken case. out in the hills at first glance it seemed that the bullet slid in to the case wasent untill i got home that i looked at the two of the reloads that had trouble we pick up ALL our brass and in the buckett was the bottom half of 2ea 223 and right at the ding in the other brass is where it tore leaving the top half in the chamber and the next round slid right in try'ed to use a bullet puller no luck vise grips. Had no ill effects other then the embarresment of 2 out of 700 reloads not going bang
    Attached Files
    I used to reload so I could shoot more, now I shoot more so I can reload more.
  • #2
    donger
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 1560

    Really can't see anything because your pic is blurry.
    Certified Ragaholic

    Comment

    • #3
      smoothy8500
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3846

      it appears to me a case separation issue, not "dinged cases" causing this. Do you check your resized cases with a case gage to insure they are not over resized? If the shoulders are pushed back too much it creates an excessive headspace. Or your rifle may actually have excessive headspace.

      Comment

      • #4
        toby
        Banned
        • Jan 2010
        • 10576

        Originally posted by smoothy8500
        it appears to me a case separation issue, not "dinged cases" causing this. Do you check your resized cases with a case gage to insure they are not over resized? If the shoulders are pushed back too much it creates an excessive headspace. Or your rifle may actually have excessive headspace.
        This is the problem it needs to be corrected and oooooop's

        Comment

        • #5
          Brd_Hntr
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          • Jun 2008
          • 213


          Took me a few minutes to find this image on line. Any chance your brass looked like this?

          Last edited by Brd_Hntr; 02-06-2011, 4:24 PM. Reason: Image didn't show...
          _______________________________________
          NRA Endowment Member
          -Brd_Hntr

          Comment

          • #6
            dadswickedammo
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 737

            Look LIKE this?

            Originally posted by Brd_Hntr

            Took me a few minutes to find this image on line. Any chance your brass looked like this?

            http://m338.photobucket.com/albumvie...ion_1.jpg.html
            No ring on any other brass but i did find a 3rd un fired round stuck in the top half of a broken shell.
            After the game gonna rip it apart and find the trouble.
            And thank you for takin the trouble to get me the link.
            I used to reload so I could shoot more, now I shoot more so I can reload more.

            Comment

            • #7
              bohoki
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 20826

              was it fired in a 16 inch barrel?

              Comment

              • #8
                CSACANNONEER
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2006
                • 44094

                Like others have already stated, it's a headspace issue and not from "dinged cases".
                NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                Utah CCW Instructor


                Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                sigpic
                CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                KM6WLV

                Comment

                • #9
                  Triple R Munitions
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 1004

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    dadswickedammo
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • 737

                    my ammo

                    Originally posted by Triple R Munitions
                    Well thats whats happening nice to see its not only me.
                    whats the cause and fix?
                    thanx
                    I used to reload so I could shoot more, now I shoot more so I can reload more.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SixPointEight
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2009
                      • 3788

                      Originally posted by Triple R Munitions
                      This just happened to someone else recently.

                      I think they did some measuring and found they were over-sizing their cases.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Triple R Munitions
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 1004

                        well two things: 1) i had wanted to see how far i could push my 223 ammo and i had this great "blaster" barrel to do it in (that was until i blew it up...i can explain another time)...anyways the barrel was done. it had very little to zero headspace in it. a no-go gauge and a field closed. i also blew up a gastube in 1/2 and a bolt in two.




                        *i was doing over max loads for testing* so i was EXPECTING "something" like this to happen....plus its DPMS....

                        2) the brass i was using was shot many times. it was well used. it stretched on new brass, and the saw brass split to...

                        from what i guess, you brass was used to many times.....

                        R

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Brd_Hntr
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Jun 2008
                          • 213

                          Couple more helpful pictures to give you an idea of what is happining:

                          _______________________________________
                          NRA Endowment Member
                          -Brd_Hntr

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1