Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo/Powder in Safe

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • remington
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2008
    • 588

    Ammo/Powder in Safe

    How many of you do (or dont) keep your ammo and powder/primers in your primary safe or another safe?
    52
    Yes, in my Primary safe with Firearms.
    0%
    5
    Yes, in secondary safe or fire locker.
    0%
    13
    No, not is safe or fire locker.
    0%
    33
    I keep it ALL in my truck, so it always with me.
    0%
    1
    sigpic
    Corona, Ca
    NRA Life Member
    FFL




    Gun Control is like treating the symptom, not the disease. Gun laws only restrict people who obey the law.
  • #2
    GUNNTZ
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 923

    I keep mine in a triple locked/pinned cabinet and in a alarmed area. You can't be safe enough with this stuff, especially after that nut job in escondido.

    Comment

    • #3
      GeoffLinder
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 2425

      Bullet, primers, powder and loaded ammo stay in a series of locked metal cabinets. Only firearms, optics and a couple loaded magazines stay in my gunsafe.

      Comment

      • #4
        iareConfusE
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 4464

        I keep my primers/powder in the garage, with all of my other reloading equipment. It's locked up in a polycarbonate display case on the bench. The gun safe only holds guns and handgun ammo.

        Comment

        • #5
          Bill Steele
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 5028

          I keep it in shelfs with swinging doors. When I first started reloading, the old timer that taught me admonished me to never store powder and primers together, never store them in cabinets that the doors (or sides) will not easily open without catches. He explained that if you store your powder in a safe, you just created a pretty big bomb.

          Not sure if this was right, but everything else he ever told me seemed to work pretty good.
          When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

          Comment

          • #6
            RaymondMillbrae
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2009
            • 2659

            My handguns, long guns, and ammo, in one safe.

            Primers in a seperate safe.

            Powder is on my reloading bench.

            In Christ: Raymond
            Some of my tutorials:

            RELOADING .223 VIDEO
            HOME MADE RECOIL SPRING TESTER
            SHORTENING THE LOP ON AN FN SLP SHOTGUN
            INSTALLING SIGHTS ONTO A REMMY 870P
            HORNADY 366 AUTO - INTRO OF PRESS & SLUG COMPONENTS (Part 1)
            HORNADY 366 AUTO - PROGRESSIVE RELOADING OF LYMAN SABOT SLUGS (Part 2)

            Comment

            • #7
              BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
              Calguns Addict
              • Jul 2009
              • 7079

              Sorry, I just had to vote for the truck. I do not really keep it there. Next to the water heater is much safer. LOL
              "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

              Comment

              • #8
                AIMSMALL
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 2538

                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                My handguns, long guns, and ammo, in one safe.

                Primers on a shelf in the garage. (3-4k)

                Powder in a cabinet in the garage. (4-5 lbs)
                KTO 1911 80% + Rock Island Parts Kits + Aimsmall arms 1911 Jig group buy OPEN
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=900371

                AR15+AR10 80% JIGS in stock
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...7#post12529807


                Comment

                • #9
                  Fishslayer
                  In Memoriam
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 13035

                  I used to keep loaded ammo in the safe till I ran out of room (too much ammo is a nice problem to have. ). I'm getting a secondary safe so I'll probly go back to that.
                  "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                  You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                  You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                  Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                  I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                  Originally posted by redcliff
                  A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rob1105
                    Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 221

                    Ammo, primers, and powder are in a plastic wall locker. If there is a fire I don't need my safe turning into a bomb.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Uriah02
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 3149

                      Originally posted by rob1105
                      Ammo, primers, and powder are in a plastic wall locker. If there is a fire I don't need my safe turning into a bomb.
                      How's a plastic wall locker safe from fire?
                      sigpic
                      OIF 07-09 Veteran
                      NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Divernhunter
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2010
                        • 8753

                        It will burn and melt and not contain the pressure like a metal safe. Thus you have a bomb with a metal safe.

                        I have 3 safes but no room for powder/primers/ammo in them.
                        A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                        NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                        SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          pepsi2451
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 1633

                          Primers and powder on shelfs next to the bench. Ammo that isn't in a magazine is usually stored in a metal cabinet but there are usually a couple boxes in my range bag or in my truck. Loaded magazines are stored with the guns.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            pdq_wizzard
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2008
                            • 3813

                            Primers in my home office, powder is in an old refrigerator in the garage I use a temp gauge to hold at ~78 to 80 deg durring the summer. ammo will be moved into the office this summer.

                            the safe is for guns. and like was said before I don't want a bomb in my house.
                            Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
                            A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

                            Originally posted by M. Sage
                            More what? More crazy?
                            You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1