Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MidwayUSA's stance on AB 962

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • My375hp302
    Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 460

    MidwayUSA's stance on AB 962

    Don't know if anyone else already did this but I E-mailed MidwayUSA regarding their stance on AB 962 and here's their answer...


    Dear Brad,

    Thank you for your recent email concerning California Assembly Bill 962, and its effects on our policies.

    As you may know, Bill 962 criminalizes the delivery and transfer of handgun ammunition in all non-face-to-face transactions. Because the Bill does not clearly define "handgun ammunition," MidwayUSA regrets that we are unable to ship any ammunition to the State of California, effective January 21, 2011.

    This policy does not apply to reloading components, which our California customers may continue to purchase in accordance with other applicable local, state, and federal regulations.

    If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT; Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

    Thanks for Your Business!

    Ryan
    MidwayUSA Customer Service


    -----Original Message-----
    From: ##########@netzero.net [mailto:#########@netzero.net]
    Sent: Friday, January 7, 2011 11:08 AM
    To: MidwayUSA Customer Service
    Subject: your stance on California AB 962

    I recently purchased a reloading kit from your company and I would like to know if California's AB 962 which is set to take effect Feb 1 2011 is going to effect your ability to ship reloading components to me here in California. Specifically I would like to know if you are going to continue to ship handgun sized bullets (not loaded ammo) to California. Altho AB 962 does not ban the shipping of components, some retailers have chosen not to deal with CA at all after Feb 1 2011. I hope you are not among them. thanks Brad VanBibber
    Originally posted by JeffM
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    Bad decisions by soldiers, officers, and politicians have lost wars, despite having "the same end result in mind" as the people who know better...

    100 idiots are still idiots despite being on "my side"

    Some people just don't understand that good ideas sometimes aren't.

    Guns don't kill criminals, would have been victims do.
  • #2
    707electrician
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 2889

    This is sad because nowhere in pc12318 (AB962) does it say anything about reloading components
    Brian Kelly

    PM me for electrical work

    Comment

    • #3
      iareConfusE
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2010
      • 4464

      Originally posted by 707electrician
      This is sad because nowhere in pc12318 (AB962) does it say anything about reloading components
      They said they would continue shipping reloading components, just not completed ammunition...

      Comment

      • #4
        My375hp302
        Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 460

        Why is it sad? They said their policy DOES NOT affect reloading components???
        Originally posted by JeffM
        The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

        Bad decisions by soldiers, officers, and politicians have lost wars, despite having "the same end result in mind" as the people who know better...

        100 idiots are still idiots despite being on "my side"

        Some people just don't understand that good ideas sometimes aren't.

        Guns don't kill criminals, would have been victims do.

        Comment

        • #5
          Sheldon
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2149

          Originally posted by 707electrician
          This is sad because nowhere in pc12318 (AB962) does it say anything about reloading components
          They said it's ok to let you buy reloading components,,,,,"This policy does not apply to reloading components, which our California customers may continue to purchase in accordance with other applicable local, state, and federal regulations."

          Comment

          • #6
            707electrician
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 2889

            Originally posted by My375hp302
            Why is it sad? They said their policy DOES NOT affect reloading components???
            I misread the post. Unfortunately a lot of vendors are saying they are not selling reloading components as well
            Brian Kelly

            PM me for electrical work

            Comment

            • #7
              stphnman20
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2005
              • 6583

              I think reloading components suchs as "bullet" and "projectile" is mentioned in the bill.

              Comment

              • #8
                Chivas
                Member
                • Dec 2005
                • 334

                Originally posted by 707electrician
                This is sad because nowhere in pc12318 (AB962) does it say anything about reloading components

                You are correct. What they are saying is you can still buy reloading components. The part of the bill that talks about reloading components is Penal Code 12316 which states, "Sale of ammunition or reloaded ammunition to a minor; defense; possession of ammunition by persons prohibited from possessing a firearm and school grounds." This is not a new part of the Penal Code. It has been in affect before AB 962.

                So you can still buy reloading components!!!!

                The unfortunate fact is some vendors will go overboard on this. I just got off the phone with Dillion Precision and they informed me they will not ship ANY reloading components to California. They are wrong on this but he told me they are looking into the situation. They are looking at Penal Code 12316 subdivision (2) which states, "For purpose of this subdivision, "ammunition" shall include, but not be limited to, any bullet, cartridge, magazine, clip, speedloader, autoloader, or projectile capable of being fired from a firearm with a deadly consequence." So as I said above this Penal Code deals with persons that CANNOT possess ammunition or reloaded ammunition.
                Last edited by Chivas; 01-07-2011, 10:06 AM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Low-Pressure
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 1758

                  Good to know.
                  Last edited by Low-Pressure; 01-07-2011, 9:55 AM. Reason: fixed
                  ...with liberty and justice for all. Void where prohibited, offer not valid everywhere, price may change. See Big Brother for details.
                  Originally posted by zfields
                  9mm might expand but .45 never shrinks!
                  Originally posted by bwiese
                  Constitutional rights are not dependent on your neighbors' opinions'.
                  If you shop at Amazon.com please use the link below. A portion of your purchase goes to CGF.
                  http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF...reative=390957

                  Comment

                  • #10
                  • #11
                    FeuerFrei
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 7455

                    I was just thinking...what happens to all of the "I reload so it won't affect me" people when the legislature writes a law requiring a license to "manufacture at home" ammo.
                    I'm just saying what others are thinking.

                    Comment

                    • #12
                      glockman19
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 10486

                      In all honesty, I appreciate that they will sell to NO ONE in CA. LE included.

                      It's only a matter of time before police departments run out of ammo and are unable to qualify with their firearms.

                      Comment

                      • #13
                        My375hp302
                        Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 460

                        Originally posted by FeuerFrei
                        I was just thinking...what happens to all of the "I reload so it won't affect me" people when the legislature writes a law requiring a license to "manufacture at home" ammo.
                        I'm just saying what others are thinking.
                        I reload, but I buy ammo too and I think most reloaders still buy factory ammo to some degree so it does affect us too. But to answer you question, I don't know. Part of me wants the people to rise up and do something about it, but the smarter part of me thinks that most will just roll over and take it in the blank like normal.
                        Originally posted by JeffM
                        The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

                        Bad decisions by soldiers, officers, and politicians have lost wars, despite having "the same end result in mind" as the people who know better...

                        100 idiots are still idiots despite being on "my side"

                        Some people just don't understand that good ideas sometimes aren't.

                        Guns don't kill criminals, would have been victims do.

                        Comment

                        • #14
                          comblock
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 1318

                          I believe copes will continue to sell rifle ammo. What of pc 12323 do the vendors not understand in the definition of handgun ammo. "Prinicipally used in handguns, revolvers and concealable weapons notwithstanding that the ammo can be used in rifles."

                          Comment

                          • #15
                            Chivas
                            Member
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 334

                            Originally posted by FeuerFrei
                            I was just thinking...what happens to all of the "I reload so it won't affect me" people when the legislature writes a law requiring a license to "manufacture at home" ammo.
                            I'm just saying what others are thinking.
                            I reload almost all of my stuff but do also buy factory. If someone who reloads takes the attitude, "It won't affect me" they must not REALLY be a serious shooter. WE SHOULD ALL BE NERVOUS ABOUT THIS. WHAT IS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1