Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ship ammo to Ca no more

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    mlancaster
    Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 196

    Originally posted by Cowboy T
    It refers specifically to "prohibited persons". That's the differentiator. That's why law-abiding handloaders will still be able to order bullets via mail order and make their own ammunition with it.
    Cool Beans, so I can still buy bulk bullets and reload them???
    Putting Oil in your barrel won't make the bullets come out any faster

    Comment

    • #32
      Cowboy T
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2010
      • 5725

      Yep, as long as you're not a "prohibited person", you're good to go.

      And that's why I keep saying, "why isn't every shooter in California getting set up to reload?" Something like a Lee Classic Turret Press is not that expensive!
      "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
      F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
      http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
      http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
      http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
      ----------------------------------------------------
      To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

      Comment

      • #33
        TNP'R
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2010
        • 7832

        Originally posted by Cowboy T
        Yep, as long as you're not a "prohibited person", you're good to go.

        And that's why I keep saying, "why isn't every shooter in California getting set up to reload?" Something like a Lee Classic Turret Press is not that expensive!
        not into reloading so i dont have a clue about it.is it easy to find once fired brass and all the rest for 7.62x39?

        Comment

        • #34
          Cowboy T
          Calguns Addict
          • Mar 2010
          • 5725

          Not for 7.62x39 and most other Com-block cartridges, but you definitely *can* find 7.62x39 brass/Boxer *ammo*, which you can reload. Cabela's often has sales on MFS ammo in 7.62x39 (box of 20 for $6.99).

          As for bullets, you typically need .311" projectiles if you're shooting through an AK-47, SKS, or Mosin-Nagant. I haven't tried to buy .311" jacketed bullets, as I will cast my own projectiles. But I do recall them being available. In a pinch, .308" jacketed will "do", but likely won't give you the same precision in Com-block firearms.
          "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
          F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
          http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
          http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
          http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
          ----------------------------------------------------
          To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

          Comment

          • #35
            Ergo the Qualmed
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2010
            • 1020

            Originally posted by Cowboy T
            Yep, as long as you're not a "prohibited person", you're good to go.

            And that's why I keep saying, "why isn't every shooter in California getting set up to reload?" Something like a Lee Classic Turret Press is not that expensive!
            I'd like to, but even though the roommates are fine with the SKS in the house, I doubt their goodwill would extend to gunpowder...

            Though, I have considered the Lee hand press thing, that needs no bench/is handheld. Hell, I only have 60 casings anyway, no need for a massive operation. But still, I don't think we should be forced to acclimate to the state. Hell, I thought our government was "for" the people, not "against them."

            Oh well.
            This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

            Comment

            • #36
              Lead Waster
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 16650

              Originally posted by Ergo the Qualmed
              I'd like to, but even though the roommates are fine with the SKS in the house, I doubt their goodwill would extend to gunpowder...

              Though, I have considered the Lee hand press thing, that needs no bench/is handheld. Hell, I only have 60 casings anyway, no need for a massive operation. But still, I don't think we should be forced to acclimate to the state. Hell, I thought our government was "for" the people, not "against them."

              Oh well.
              Then get the Lee "Handloader" the $25 kit that uses a hammer. That will do your 60 cases with minimum cost/effort.
              ==================

              sigpic


              Remember to dial 1 before 911.

              Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

              There. Are. Four. Lights!

              Comment

              • #37
                Cowboy T
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2010
                • 5725

                Good idea, Lead Waster, and Ergo would only need maybe a lb of powder for that and a few hundred primers. He could do it in his bedroom totally unobtrusively. Here's a video of Richard Lee himself using that Lee Loader ("Handloader") kit.



                Granted, it neck-sizes only, but if I had only 60 cases, I'd be doing slightly downloaded loads anyway to preserve my brass as long as possible. Doesn't really need to cycle the action (you can do that manually), because marksmanship is #1 anyway.
                "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                ----------------------------------------------------
                To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                Comment

                • #38
                  greybeard
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1086

                  Ammo man saays get your order in by the 21th.
                  Why are they doing this? Besides hating gun owners they will now get sales tax on all ammo sales. I am sure thaat was a big factor.
                  John

                  The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    blu97
                    Member
                    • Jul 2010
                    • 236

                    Thankfully CMP is still sending ammo to CA, just ordered 400 rds.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Quinc
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 3011

                      Originally posted by greybeard
                      Ammo man saays get your order in by the 21th.
                      Why are they doing this? Besides hating gun owners they will now get sales tax on all ammo sales. I am sure thaat was a big factor.
                      I was also thinking it had something to do with money like $ales tax. But does ammo really make up that much of out of state online purchases? I would be willing to bet that Californians spend more money at amazon.com in a week then people buying online ammo do all year.
                      Shop Amazon and contribute to CGF!
                      click this link before going to amazon.com
                      http://www.shop42a.com

                      sigpic
                      www.appleseedinfo.org

                      "Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        greybeard
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1086

                        I suspect you are right and does not make up that much but if they tried doing that with Amazon, they would had been unemployed.
                        John

                        The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          winxp_man
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 2038

                          The C*(&T liking bastards are on a power trip and want to shove COMMI idea's into the Nation I know this because its were my pops was before coming to the US now the same ideas and forced laws are arising just like it did when the MOTHER F&$KIN RUSSIANS invaded Romania and from there the communist regime started. Citizens of Romania were little by little disarmed and left with there penis's in there hands having to fight agains a FOUCKED UP government. FU^&*^*$&^%(*&^%&K them. My pops happened to be in the military and couldnt wait until **** broke out so he can shoot him come F'ING commies. I really like the New Orleans groups that stood up to their rights. This will be the only way to true freedom. F^*K its always in sweat and blood of the free citizens. God Help Us All to protect our God given freedom.
                          Shoot to Kill not to Wound !


                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            hcbr
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 4733

                            well you guys helped me out, i guess i'm going to buy that lee classic turret press! it gives me a good excuse anyways since i have a 10mm G20, and reloading will help me get that cost of ammo down!
                            Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

                            "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
                            ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Eargasm
                              Senior Member
                              • Jul 2009
                              • 611

                              Originally posted by Ergo the Qualmed
                              I'd like to, but even though the roommates are fine with the SKS in the house, I doubt their goodwill would extend to gunpowder...
                              Who says they need to know?

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                blu97
                                Member
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 236

                                Nevada is only two hours away

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1