Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anybody ever been shorted by Berrys Bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • zfields
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2010
    • 13658

    Anybody ever been shorted by Berrys Bullets?

    Was reloading happily along today, after boxing up 150 rounds of some new .45 loads, I knoticed something odd.


    I was almost out of bullets.


    But how? This box of berrys plated 200g 45 HP is supposed to be 250 peices! Ive only loaded up 150, with 3 dummies, and there is only 26 left in the box.


    Anyone had a simliar issue? I was thinking of switching over from moly coats to a plated bullet, but is this a regular thing from berrys?
    Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

    10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!
  • #2
    Mrskylinetou
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 528

    I've been off by one or two with a box of 100 a few times. In the 1k bot I was down like 8 but I've also been up a few.

    Down 50 or so is waaaay to much. Someone just picking it up without a scale should notice that's it's low. No I have not delt with them directly but I know it's not unheard of to be down a few, ten at the most.

    I'm sure if u complain the'll shoot some out to u

    Comment

    • #3
      zfields
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 13658

      Oh yea, I tossed them a email before I even hit CGN. Im just looking for other people thathave used them, and to see if its regular thing. I was going to order 2k in the next couple days. The bullets are really nice and the price is pretty good also.
      Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

      10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

      Comment

      • #4
        Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        I bought 4 boxes of 250. They came in the plastic boxes. When the package arrived, all 4 boxes were slightly open and there were bullets everywhere! (It was shipped from Cabelas) I didn't count them and probably can't without weighing all 4 boxes becasue they are spread out now. I don't know about being shortchanged, but I wished they'd use a better packing method!

        Being down 50 is unacceptable in a pack of 250!
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • #5
          zfields
          CGN Contributor
          • Aug 2010
          • 13658

          I was down almost 75! the box was fine when i recived it, well, a week after i recived the rest of my order that is!

          I ordered 1k 7.62 ammo, they forgot the .45bullets, but threw in an extra box of 7.62. Had to call them up and remind them about the .45 they forgot!
          Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

          10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

          Comment

          • #6
            longhairchris
            Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 318

            In boxes of 250, I usually get one or two extra.

            Comment

            • #7
              Lead Waster
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 16650

              I guess weighing them is the best way to determine if any are missing when the box arrives.

              Did you call them and get an answer? This is clearly a case where good CS will make or break future business with the customer. A new shipment of 100 bullets can almost ensure future repeat business !
              ==================

              sigpic


              Remember to dial 1 before 911.

              Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

              There. Are. Four. Lights!

              Comment

              • #8
                zfields
                CGN Contributor
                • Aug 2010
                • 13658

                Got a call from them today.

                Well, they tried to call me about it the day after I emailed them, but I dont have cell service at my house. Anyways..


                There sending me 100 bullets + some samples of the other .45 bullets they make to try out.

                Still havent shot the ones Ive loaded yet, havent had a nice weekend to get up to the range!
                Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                Comment

                • #9
                  mif_slim
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 10089

                  Just remember they dint count every one of them. They do it by weight.

                  200gr x 250 = 50,000/7000= 7.14lbs. So they weight each batch to that. I'm thinking if your down by that much the weight might of not been zero.
                  Originally posted by Gottmituns
                  It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    zfields
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13658

                    Oh Im well aware they wouldnt count each one, ut being short 75 out of a box of 250 is an issue. Normaly out of the boxes of 500 I get from percision bullets, I'm up a couple here and there.
                    Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                    10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ballistic
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 598

                      I have only bought the 500 or 1000 round boxes from Berry's.
                      Always a few extra in the box.
                      ------------------------------------------------

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Nessal
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 2261

                        Call me anal but I count all the bullets I buy. Even the 1k LC bullets 2 weeks ago....counted every single one of them and I was up 8. LOL.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1