Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cow Palace Gun Show - Components?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jwest
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 3958

    Cow Palace Gun Show - Components?

    Hello,

    Anyone make the Cow Palace gun show today? How was it?

    Any good deals on components?

    Anyone that went care to comment?

    Thanks,
    John
    sigpic
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
    Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
    Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
    We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.
  • #2
    q3131a
    Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 375

    Lots of primers at good prices. Powder selection is good but not so if you're looking for 8 gallon cans.

    Comment

    • #3
      joelogic
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2008
      • 6593

      Powder selection wasnt good and averaged $150 per 8#.
      Miwall had plenty of primers. All Winchester at $21/1k. A small tear came to my eye.
      Bullets were light but they did have 1k of 9mm 124gr RN for $60 and 230gr RN .45 for $95.

      This was yesterday, dont know about supply today.
      Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

      Comment

      • #4
        jwest
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 3958

        Thanks guys - went today and picked up some IMR-4227 and Winchester WLP primers. Also picked up some .50 cal bullets for the .50 AE. Bought some Hornady .44M and a K-Bar knife.

        Turn out was a little lite today - but I think the show was OK.
        sigpic
        "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
        Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
        Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
        We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.

        Comment

        • #5
          shamu415
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 682

          Picked up some ammo at Miwall, saw a m60 and barrett. Forgot the name of the seller, but its still great to have a gun show in such a liberal city

          Comment

          • #6
            safewaysecurity
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2010
            • 6166

            I also saw the M60 and the Barret. Didn't ask if it was converted to .416 or not. There was also a guy with a parrot on his shoulder and I could barely hide how crazy I was going after I saw him walkin around. IT WAS SO COOL!
            Originally posted by cudakidd
            I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
            ^

            Comment

            • #7
              jwest
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 3958

              Also - JD Machine Tech was there -


              Some nice stuff. Had a nice .308 'flat-top' - but the asking price was $4.5K - little out of my price range. Had some nice lowers at a good price also.
              sigpic
              "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
              Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
              Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
              We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.

              Comment

              • #8
                Bart1
                Member
                • May 2010
                • 290

                It was a cool show. It was my first gun show and was able to pick up good deals on ammos cases, small rifle primers, AR15 carry handle scope mount, scope and some 223 ammo. I didn't find any good deals on the uppers though. I didn't find much for reloading equipment except for some RCBS dies. Was really looking for Redding or Lee stuff. I'm saving up for the next one in November. Pretty good deals on Powders to.

                Comment

                • #9
                  killshot44
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 4072

                  Didn't go to SF but the Vallejo gun shows seem to be a great place to get your Nazi paraphernalia....

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Boots
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2008
                    • 549

                    Yeah... it's been over a year since I last went to a Cow Palace gun show... but wanted to go to see what was available in powder and avoid the hazmat fee. Unfortunately, by time I got there (10:30 am) the 8lbs Varget was all sold out.
                    Got a decent deal on the 1 lbs and bought a few goodies for the AR's

                    All in all, I was pleased to see how many people were there and how many booths were filled. It was a good showing and hopefully a sign that gun shows along the S.F. peninsula are losing interest amongst the people.
                    Heck, there was even a guy selling cameras this time. Just was concerned with all the photos he seemed to be taking. lol
                    Eat what you kill... unless it's a zombie.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1