Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Duplicating PMC Bronze .223 ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • oddjob
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2003
    • 2399

    Duplicating PMC Bronze .223 ammo

    My AR likes PMC Bronze ammo. I would like to duplicate it. Anyone have an idea what the components consist of??
  • #2
    Boots
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 549

    The easy part is that you can use just about any brass. Knowing the weight of the bullets that the PMC has, I would go with the same weight and similar design with any good reputable bullet manufacturer. (I used Hornandy and Sierra with my PMC)
    The real trick is knowing what kind of powder they use. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will know and you can simply pull a bullet to measure how much grains they use (if it's not posted on the net somewhere)
    Eat what you kill... unless it's a zombie.

    Comment

    • #3
      killshot44
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 4072

      Without having access to their formula, it will be hard to know exactly what powder (or blend) they use. Likely a relatively fast ball powder of ~22 grains would be my first guess.

      Please post after you weigh it. Given its weight, one might be able to narrow down the possible powders

      Comment

      • #4
        Mrskylinetou
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 528

        The midway and asmscor seems super close to it... I would so that for projectiles, powder i thought they would be a ball powder. Look up whos the parent company for PMC and im betting their cheap powder is gonna be it... Give me a bit and ill weigh and pull on and lets see what it is.

        Comment

        • #5
          SVRider
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2007
          • 1914

          Do you have a chrono?

          Once you nailed down velocity, you could just buy 55gr FMJ's and load to that velocity....
          FOR SALE:

          Check back later

          Comment

          • #6
            xrMike
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2006
            • 7841

            Take a PMC round; pull the bullet; weigh the powder and take a good macro picture of it on a piece of white paper; weigh the bullet and take a good picture of it; post pictures and weights in this thread.

            Comment

            • #7
              mif_slim
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2008
              • 10089

              a picture of powder cant really tell what powder their using...Im sure they are using diffrent powder then use off the shelff guys. But I've copied UltraMax ammo with LC06, CCI primer and 2230 powder! which is the ammo my 556 likes.
              Originally posted by Gottmituns
              It's not protecting the rights of the 1%, it's IMPOSING new laws because of the 1%.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1