Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lee Pacesetter or Lee Deluxe dies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mac Attack
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 2127

    Lee Pacesetter or Lee Deluxe dies?

    I am looking for a set of dies in 30-06 for rounds in my M1 Garand. I see the difference is in the crimping dies -

    Pacesetter has a factory crimp die
    Deluxe has collet crimping die (which I believe is for bolt actions but am not sure)

    Which dies should I purchase? Price is about the same. I just want to make sure I purchase the right set.
  • #2
    huckberry668
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 1502

    In your situation the Pacesetter is probably the way to go. For semi-auto rounds you need to full length size the cases. Crimping only works on bullets with cannelure. in fact, don't crimp match bullets, it kills accuracy. crimp die uses a collet to crimp the case mouth w/o putting down ward pressure on the brass.

    The Deluxe collet die is a 'neck' sizing die. It is only good for bolt guns where you want to size the fire formed case necks only.
    GCC
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

    Comment

    • #3
      johnrunner89
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 953

      Originally posted by huckberry668
      In your situation the Pacesetter is probably the way to go. For semi-auto rounds you need to full length size the cases. Crimping only works on bullets with cannelure. in fact, don't crimp match bullets, it kills accuracy. crimp die uses a collet to crimp the case mouth w/o putting down ward pressure on the brass.

      The Deluxe collet die is a 'neck' sizing die. It is only good for bolt guns where you want to size the fire formed case necks only.
      +1 I use the pacesetter dies and they work great!

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1