Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How many reload while seated?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Someoneelseok
    replied
    I sit. I built my reloading bench to 40" high, and sit on an ikea "Oddvar" barstool. It's just the right height. I could comfortably reload standing on the same bench, but sitting is easier.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ninja45
    replied
    I'm using an old dining table for my reloading bench so I just sit on a regular dining chair to reload. I put all my lead bullets on the other side of the table where the reloader is for counterbalance. I sit little bit offset to the left (I'm right handed) of the Dillon 550B handle but not too far away that I don't see what is going on the shellplate. Works for me!

    Leave a comment:


  • JC Smith
    replied
    I mostly sit for reloading brass and shotshells but with my 36.25"-high bench I can also stand at the same bench (it could be a little taller for standing but it works). I sit on a 23" high sawhorse with a 3/4"-thick dense-foam pad. I use a Dillon 550 for brass and a Pacific 366 for shotshell. I'm a big guy, 6' 3", and that's worked well for me for 30+ years but my back isn't what it used to be and I've been considering getting one of those adjustable-height stools on wheels that Harbor Freight has on sale. Seems like changing the stool height every so often might mitigate the repetitive motion stress

    Leave a comment:


  • RaymondMillbrae
    replied
    I stand.

    I need my body for leverage.

    If sitting on a rolling chair, I am pretty sure my arms (and possibly other body muscles) would get tired after an hour of cranking out rounds.

    But then again, everyone is built differently, so yall "sitters" may not get hot muscles while doing your thang.

    In Christ: Raymond

    Leave a comment:


  • ak4777
    replied
    I used to stand...but I would reload for like an hour and my bench was at sitting level...so I sit now. Because my back hurt. lol

    Leave a comment:


  • TonyM
    replied
    I stand.

    I only load in 1.5 hour(max) increments, partly so I don't get sloppy and partly cause the XL650 and the Super 1050 put out rounds so fast I don't need to spend more than that per session.

    If I sat, I'd probably start thinking I could use TV, then a beer or something.

    Leave a comment:


  • anyracoon
    replied
    I stand, especially when I'm sizing 308. My reloading benches are high plus I have stong mounts for the Dillons. I'm even thinking of buying one to modify for the Rock Chucker. Standing, I think helps to stay focused.
    Last edited by anyracoon; 05-31-2010, 11:37 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Davis
    replied
    I too originally tried using a stool but ended up standing. Don't get me wrong, even thought I too stand all day at a tech bench working, I still enjoy reloading standing. Its just the knee has gotten worse over the past 18+ years. I am looking forward hopefully soon to a new Knee.
    I am going to build a reloading desk and see how it goes. I am thinking I might work out now. I do mostly 10mm but hope in the future to do some 308 and 6.8 too

    Leave a comment:


  • AIMSMALL
    replied
    I have a Lee loadmaster, I load .45 and .223, I've tried sitting on a bar stool (tall workbench) and find myself wanting to stand after just a few minutes. I load the brass into the press by hand and also set the bullet on the charged case by hand plus throwing the lever takes a wide range of motion. I wish I could sit but it just doesn't seem to work well for me. Maybe a lower chair andusing the brass feeder would help, I dunno.

    Leave a comment:


  • checkenbach
    replied
    I have an old office desk (LARGE executive model, with an adjustable height chair) that I use, I'm on my feet for 10 hours a day as an auto technician, the last thing I want to do is stand up some more when I get home and do some reloading.

    Leave a comment:


  • Peter W Bush
    replied
    I sit when I reload brass, stand when I reload 12ga.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lead-Thrower
    replied
    I stand up, it helps me stay focused.

    Leave a comment:


  • NotSoFast
    replied
    I clamped a sheet of 3/4" plywood to a desk for my bench. I use the chair I had for the desk while I am reloading. I find it to be a perfect height. And since my feet have gone flat over the years, sitting is preferable to standing for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • johnrunner89
    replied
    I sit down...its more comfortable for me.

    Leave a comment:


  • mstlaurent
    replied
    I have one of these:



    I load on a full-height bench, and I can either sit or stand, it works great.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
UA-8071174-1