Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking For .22LR Ammo for 10/22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • glock1973
    Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 155

    Looking For .22LR Ammo for 10/22

    Looking for good/great ammo for my new 10/22 (my 1st 10/22). Wanted to see what some of you guys are using out there pretty consistantly. I need mostly for plinking/target practice and possibly varmint hunting...any advice would be appreciated.
  • #2
    ak4777
    Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 194

    Just go for the cheapest. I personally do Federal 550 round value pack or 325 round value pack (semi auto). The only difference is that the 325 is round nose, and the 550 is hollow point. I also like CCI blazers. Never had a jam with those, just kind of dirty from the lack of coating.

    Try to stay away from hollow points, the 10/22 will rarely jam but when it does it will usually be from the hollow points.

    If you aren't going target, just go for CCI blazer's or whatever is cheapest. Remington and all that is too expensive for 22's, IMO.

    Comment

    • #3
      Seahawk
      Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 229

      ^^^^ what ak4777 said
      sigpichttp://www.americansafaricoffeecompany.com "An adventure in every cup"

      Comment

      • #4
        XDRoX
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • 4420

        I also like Federal for all my 22's. The cheaper Remington seems to be junk.
        I usually buy this stuff:

        It's on sale right now. $80 for 2100 rounds. I think I have about three of them around the garage now.
        Chris
        <----Rimfire Addict


        Originally posted by Oceanbob
        Get a DILLON...

        Comment

        • #5
          Enter_the_Dragon
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 1356

          Mine shoots Federal 550 HP, Winchester 555 HP, CCI HP/Solid, Federal 525 HP blue box, and Remington GB with no issues. The ones that I had issues (FTF) with was with the Remingtons Viper/Yellow Jackets (Cone shape bullets). For varmint hunting I've used CCI Stingers.
          Last edited by Enter_the_Dragon; 05-26-2010, 8:33 AM.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Sunday
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2010
            • 5574

            I buy bulk . The ones that do not fire rotate the case 180 * to get into some primer and usually they fire.
            California's politicians and unionized government employees are a crime gang that makes the Mexican drug cartels look like a Girl Scout Troop in comparison.

            Comment

            • #7
              ireload
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 2589

              I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds through my 10/22. The only thing it does not like are truncated shaped bullet that Remington offers aka Viper and Yellow Jacket as mentioned by Got10/22.
              I buy what's available and the cheapest for just plinking.

              Comment

              • #8
                tonyd692
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 57

                Get it from The Weapon Warehouse in the OC he always has it'

                The Weapon Warehouse
                Dave
                714-336-3584

                Comment

                • #9
                  ak4777
                  Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 194

                  Best spot to look for cheap .22 ammo is always walmart. I've seen the Federal 550 value packs for as low as 18.97. You can buy 1100 rounds for 38 bucks. A definite sweet deal indeed. Only problem is stock, but I load up on those every chance I get.

                  I kind of like round noses better for two reasons.

                  1. They don't jam as much as hollow points (although the 10/22 rarely jams on ANY ammo unless you are rapid firing constantly, which I do )
                  2. When you buy in bulk 550 or 325 round packs, they are just in a big ol box and wiggling around all day. I feel like the hollow points dent easier and get deformed. I had some rounds where the head looks scratched up. Never get those with the round heads tho.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Cowboy T
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 5725

                    Wal-mart Federal HP 550-pack for mine. That's all I've fed it because it's affordable. No problems.
                    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                    F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                    http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mkfromnm
                      Junior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 88

                      10/22 eats everything. I would have to agree that the truncated bullets are the only thing it doesnt like. Alathough they are awesome loads my 10/22 has never liked them too much. I loves me some 10/22. I took my wife for her first time shooting and in 10 minutes she was hitting everything and that was with a broken rear sight. Cant wait to see what she can do now that it is repaired.(Thanks, J&g)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1