Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading Federal (Wal-Mart) Ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tincan
    Member
    • Apr 2006
    • 170

    Reloading Federal (Wal-Mart) Ammo

    Hey Guys,

    New to Reloading. I've been saving my AA and STS hulls and have found good reloading data in the Lyman book. I've heard about people having good luck with reloading Federal (Wal-Mart) hulls.

    1) Can someone point me to a previously posted thread that has reloading data for the Federal (Wal-Mart) hulls?
    2) The Lyman book has reloading data for "Federal Plastic Hunting Cases Paper Basewad, Fold Crimp". Is this what I need?
    3) If you've reloaded the Federal hulls from Wal-Mart, please send me your reload data.

    I want to load 12ga, 1 or 1 1/8 oz load. I hear that 700x or Red Dot is good powder, along with Win 209 primers. Thanks in advance for all the help I can get.
  • #2
    Sideline Shooter
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 514

    Whhoooaaaa hold your horses!!

    Listen, if you want to reload those Federal hulls you are wasting your time, especially if you want to reload it back to 1oz or 1 1/8th oz. Those hulls are cheapo's and meant to be used once. The paper base wad it start to tear out and could get lodged in your barrel. Next shot and there goes your barrel or worse. Save up the STS hulls and buy the Remington gun clubs. They will load the same as the STS. Any hulls that have a base wad such as plastic or paper will come out eventually. Even the first productions of the Winchester AA-HS hulls had problems because the plastic wad base were coming out and lodging in the barrel. I only use those hulls in an over/under shotgun because I can visually check the barrel for an obstuction. You can't do that in a semi-auto or pump. Something important to think about. Plus your time and components purchasing plus shipping, I think it will cost you more in time and materials than what you can buy the "Value Packs" for.
    Now if you want some good loads, well PM me.....

    sideline shooter

    Comment

    • #3
      tincan
      Member
      • Apr 2006
      • 170

      Thanks for your input and advise sideline shooter. I'm not planning on making the Federal hulls as my main reload ammo. Just curious if someone has had good luck with them.

      I know that AA and STS hulls are the way to go.

      Comment

      • #4
        Peter W Bush
        Calguns Supreme Overlord
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jan 2009
        • 4727

        AA hulls are the way to go, but I've had good luck reloading the crappy walmart stuff.
        Will trade liquor/wine/beer for parts and accesories and ammo! PM me. Dont drink n shoot. Offer void where prohibited. Must be 21 or older, etc. etc.

        Originally posted by TURBOELKY
        Well, glad you got the kit anyways, I'm sure I'll fondle it a little in the near future..... oh God, that's going to be in somebody's signature....:D
        Originally posted by TURBOELKY
        put me in line, but if Peter W. Bush takes it, I need to be removed from his Signature line.......:D

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1