Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Montana Gold - A1 service!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Texas Boy
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 804

    Montana Gold - A1 service!

    Placed an order with http://www.montanagoldbullet.com on Friday. Package showed up today (Monday)! Wow!

    Ordered 9mm 124gr JHP projectiles - haven't loaded or shot them yet, but the quality looks great. Too bad the only 223's they sell are 55gr....
    ...the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
  • #2
    woodguy
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 21

    I've also been really happy with Montana Gold. I'm shooting the 9mm 115gr round nose and have been through a few boxes of them now (at 4000 per box I think).

    I also use the 55gr .223 and am just as happy with them. I'm getting about 3" groups at 100 yrd with a 16" 1/8 spin barrel. Not nearly the accuracy I get with 77gr nosler, but it's a lot cheaper and I use them for plinking and run n gun where I can't justify the extra cost for the accuracy. I put them on top of 25gr TAC and CCI 41 primers for a cost per round of about $.16 I think.

    Comment

    • #3
      Gio
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 10251

      Yup Montana Gold is good stuff, I am starting on my 3rd case of 9mm. So far Ihave tried their 115FMJ, 124CMJ and now onto the 124JHP for my Glock. I load it faster than I can shoot it

      I have not been charged for shipping yet, not sure if others have or have not but it is only $5 so no big deal.

      Oh yeah I would probably use their .223 bullets too but for now I am okay with using pulled M193 for my plinking rounds.

      -Gio
      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

      Comment

      • #4
        markw
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2007
        • 821

        I did a case of their .40. It's almost humorous how they do shipping. USPS Flat rate, if it fits it ships. They measure out their cases by flat rate boxes which have a 70lb limit. Who'd of thunk someone would take advantage of that to ship lead. My mailman said they double checked the weight at the office and it was just under 70 lbs for the 3500 bullets.

        Comment

        • #5
          Spyduh
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 870

          +3. I have a case of their 9mm 115gr JHP and 44mag 240gr JHP. I love the stuff. Almost as much as I love using Bear Creek bullets.

          I've been eying on getting a case of MG 180gr 40cal for my 10mm =)
          Don't you know the rule?? Never open the safe in front of the wife!!!

          Comment

          • #6
            Mstrty
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 2443

            most accurate bullet for the 9mm. 4gn. tight group you cant go wrong.
            131pf in a p226.
            ~ ~

            Comment

            • #7
              Dubels
              Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 490

              I am tempted to try their stuff but I have been satisfied with precision delta.
              IANYL. All post are made for my own personal entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

              Comment

              • #8
                fullspeed1
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1908

                It's all I ever use. Just ordered another case of 115gr fmj today.
                Last edited by fullspeed1; 03-31-2010, 3:59 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SirLoki
                  Member
                  • May 2009
                  • 190

                  best bullets available and i tried them all, best prices and shipping too

                  for my 9mm major i use 124 jhp
                  http://www.jvindustries.net
                  http://www.jvdynamics.com
                  USPSA MEMBER
                  IDPA MEMBER
                  NRA LIFE MEMBER
                  NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                  CA DOJ Certified Instructor

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1