Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

9mm NATO vs. 9mm luger para.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Friar_Tuck
    Banned
    • Dec 2009
    • 156

    9mm NATO vs. 9mm luger para.

    Is there a funtional difference between the 2? (like the .223 vs 5.56 nato scenario) The reason i ask is that I see some ammo online (winchester ranger 9mm NATO 124g FMJ) that says on the front of the box: "pressure levels exceed industry standards". It does NOT say +p anywhere on the box. Basically, will this ammo harm my Glock, beretta, or walther pistols? (I vaguely remember someone calling this NATO 9mm stuff years ago "hot submachine gun only" ammo or something like that.
  • #2
    johnrunner89
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 953

    I believe the 9mm NATO is +p compared to a standard 9mm luger. I would try not to shoot it in pistols that are not capable of handling +p ammo. But as far as you using in a beretta, I think the M9(92fs) should handle it fine, my glock 17 does.

    Comment

    • #3
      AEC1
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2008
      • 1659

      it is 124gr loaded to +P
      Land of the Free BECAUSE of the brave.


      Originally posted by HondaMasterTech
      So far, I've had six beers, four redbulls, eight twinkies and I'm REALLY afraid to fart!

      Comment

      • #4
        professionalcoyotehunter
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 12805

        Can I put it through my Ruger P-85 9mm?

        Comment

        • #5
          buffybuster
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2615

          Originally posted by professionalcoyotehunter
          Can I put it through my Ruger P-85 9mm?
          Yes. When Ruger designed the P85, they did it with NATO spec ammo in mind.

          Where you have to careful is with older pistols (like MKI Hi-Powers, Radoms, etc..) and some sub-compacts.

          While NATO spec 9x19, exceeds SAMMI spec, it is within the CIP specification.
          Last edited by buffybuster; 03-19-2010, 10:14 AM.
          Luck favors the prepared.

          The original battle plan did not survive initial contact with the enemy.

          "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

          Comment

          • #6
            professionalcoyotehunter
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 12805

            that is good to know. there is tons of 9MM Luger at my walmart right now.

            Comment

            • #7
              Friar_Tuck
              Banned
              • Dec 2009
              • 156

              So my Made In Italy 92fs (purchased in the late 80's) should be fine with the NATO spec ammo?

              Thanks for the info on the difference.

              Comment

              • #8
                ireload
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 2589

                Originally posted by Friar_Tuck
                So my Made In Italy 92fs (purchased in the late 80's) should be fine with the NATO spec ammo?

                Thanks for the info on the difference.

                Yes it will be fine.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1