Is there a shelf life on Primers? I have a box ( 1000 ) of primers, Winchester LR since mid-90's box doesn't even say 8 1/2? Comments
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
LR Primers
Collapse
X
-
they are good to go. -
I used 10 year old primers, and they were good to go. Primers were kept in my brother in law's closet.Comment
-
I got some LR primers that were given to me after a reloader passed away 14 years ago. They are CCI brand that say Cascade Cartridge Inc in a green and white box. I think there from the early 60s. So far Im 200 into them and they all went off. If you are not sure if yours are good and you dont feel safe using them, You can give them to me and I will dispose of them correctly for you...
Cowboy Action Shooter
Midnight Black Powder Shooter
S.A.S.S #74217
Have Guns Will Travel
.45 Colt Enthusiast
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕComment
-
I have several hundred rounds of military 30-06 from the Denver Armory dated 1942 and 1943 it still fires:corrosive primers contain potassium chlorate(salt).Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,328
Posts: 25,146,861
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31974 users online. 42 members and 31932 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment