Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Tell me about this ammo....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • EBR Works
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Dec 2007
    • 10492

    Tell me about this ammo....

    I was given about 400 rounds of this by a friend that no longer shoots. My only question is whether this ammo is corrosive or not. Anybody know?


    Last edited by EBR Works; 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM.


    Check out our e-commerce site here:

    www.ebrworks.com

    Serving you from Prescott, AZ
  • #2
    NaughtyMonkey
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 1832

    Just curious but do you have a picture of one of the bullets out of the box?
    -General George S. Patton Jr.
    "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

    http://m1family.com
    M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

    Comment

    • #3
      Fjold
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2005
      • 23062

      It is not corrosive, from what I've read Lake City started loading all non-corrosive ammunition in 1952.

      That's high quality ammunition don't waste it plinking.
      Frank

      One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




      Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

      Comment

      • #4
        kurac
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 2917

        is that 7.62 X 51 or 7.62 x 64?

        Either way, they are worth at least $1 a piece
        www.culinagrips.com
        "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

        Comment

        • #5
          EBR Works
          Vendor/Retailer
          • Dec 2007
          • 10492

          Originally posted by NaughtyMonkey
          Just curious but do you have a picture of one of the bullets out of the box?
          Here you go:



          Originally posted by kurac
          is that 7.62 X 51 or 7.62 x 64?

          Either way, they are worth at least $1 a piece
          It's 7.62x51

          From what I have read, this is first year production stuff.

          Hmm, $1 apiece... so I shouldn't link and shoot them through my 1919a4?
          Last edited by EBR Works; 12-29-2009, 3:15 PM.


          Check out our e-commerce site here:

          www.ebrworks.com

          Serving you from Prescott, AZ

          Comment

          • #6
            phish
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 3089

            It may have collector value to some people, but don't count on retiring with the proceeds.

            Comment

            • #7
              Bug Splat
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2007
              • 6561

              Ooooooooo nice! That's some good stuff. Congrats

              Comment

              • #8
                brando
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 3694

                Yeah, that's some old stuff.
                --Brando

                Comment

                • #9
                  GW
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • May 2004
                  • 16078

                  Lake City Match ammo is some of the best out there. It really should be used for precision shooting rather than blasting. (IMHO)
                  Very good, very accurate and very consistent.
                  Selling it is always an option.
                  ps I'm betting you can do better than $1.00/round if you sell it
                  sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ar15barrels
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 57179

                    If you decide to shoot it, I'll take the brass when you are done and trade you for commercial brass...
                    Randall Rausch

                    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
                    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
                    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
                    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
                    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      EBR Works
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 10492

                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      If you decide to shoot it, I'll take the brass when you are done and trade you for commercial brass...
                      Yeah right....you're such a giver!
                      Last edited by EBR Works; 12-30-2009, 9:48 AM.


                      Check out our e-commerce site here:

                      www.ebrworks.com

                      Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        brando
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2006
                        • 3694

                        Just so you know, that 173gr load was dubbed "Special Ball" because it's old and doesn't hold up well over distance.
                        --Brando

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Super Spy
                          Veteran Member
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 3461

                          Originally posted by impactco
                          Here you go:





                          It's 7.62x51

                          From what I have read, this is first year production stuff.

                          Hmm, $1 apiece... so I shouldn't link and shoot them through my 1919a4?
                          That would be a shame! You should do it!
                          Originally posted by Daytripper63
                          "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            NaughtyMonkey
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 1832

                            Looks good and clean. Any of the heads loose or down farther than others, I've heard of this with some of the old ammo.
                            -General George S. Patton Jr.
                            "In my opinion, the M1 Rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised."

                            http://m1family.com
                            M1 Carbine Dedicated forum.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              five.five-six
                              CGN Contributor
                              • May 2006
                              • 34928

                              if you decide to sell, Iwill take some... i would love to have 50-100 of the spent casings

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1