Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

what's it worth?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • code6charles
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 51

    what's it worth?

    How much is a 5 gal bucket full of mixed 40 brass worth? I don't load for that caliber, Yet.
    I load for 9,45,223, with a Dillon 650. I have the dies for the 40 but not the conversion kit, since I don't own a 40 cal gun. I bought the dies thinking I was going to reload to shoot my friends guns, but I'll stick with my own guns.
    Thanks for the reply in advanced.
  • #2
    wellfedirishman
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 2272

    The brass is worth about 3 cents a case, from what I have seen on gunbroker.

    Then use weight to figure out how many cases are in a 5 gallon bucket. If I remember correctly, there are about 100 40 cal cases to a pound (I think the empty cases weighed about 100 grains each).

    Comment

    • #3
      joelogic
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2008
      • 6593

      Sometimes .40 goes for $15 per 1k since there doesnt seem to be a high demand for it.

      7000gr/lb. 7000/100=70 cases per pound if a case weighs 100grs.

      5gal bucket = 5000 pistol cases rings a bell.
      Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1