Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do I De-Stress After A Crap Day At Work?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Full Clip
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2006
    • 10266

    How do I De-Stress After A Crap Day At Work?

    By prepping and priming 100 7.62x39 cases and then 100 7.62x54r cases...
    Yep, that did it. Now they're just waiting to meet some powder and V-Max bullets...
  • #2
    KaTooM
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 1024

    I don't reload and live in a fish bowl...so I just load 10 round stripper clips while reading American Rifleman...
    NRA life member

    Comment

    • #3
      ChrisTKHarris
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 4203

      Don't let the name fool you...

      Comment

      • #4
        maxwellca21
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 954

        Originally posted by Full Clip
        By prepping and priming 100 7.62x39 cases and then 100 7.62x54r cases...
        Yep, that did it. Now they're just waiting to meet some powder and V-Max bullets...
        how much does it cost to reload 7.62x54r? a lot cheaper than buying manurefacture ammo?
        Si vis pacem, para bellum

        Comment

        • #5
          Full Clip
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Dec 2006
          • 10266

          Certainly not cheaper than import x54r, but significantly cheaper than quality, brass-cased domestic stuff. I'm making 20 rounds with a Hornaday SST 150grn bullet for about $8 (including bullet, brass, primer, powder).

          Comment

          • #6
            r08ert209cali
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 1534

            Great calming effects when you are at it with the old lady too. just dont charge any cases

            I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              sex works for me!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                Full Clip
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Dec 2006
                • 10266

                Originally posted by bruceflinch
                sex works for me!
                LOL, well, yeah, that would be a solid #1 choice.

                Comment

                • #9
                  troysland
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 2182

                  Sex works for my wife. The gym is where it's at.
                  Originally posted by Colonel David Crockett
                  "Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    PatriotnMore
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 7068

                    Hit the gym, followed by two fingers of single malt, your world will turn.
                    ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
                    --James Madison
                    'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Fyathyrio
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 1082

                      I was thinking the same thing when driving in this morning. Sunday I hit the range and found out which round worked best on taget, then spent Sunday eve making up 500 rnds. Last night I cleaned the press and a new set of .38 dies, plus got everything set up to start making rounds tonight for the wife's new toy I pick up today. Even with the stress of work and the holidays I've not been this relaxed in weeks!
                      "Everything I ever learned about leadership, I learned from a Chief Petty Officer." - John McCain
                      "Use your hammer, not your mouth, jackass!" - Mike Ditka
                      There has never been a shortage of people eager to draw up blueprints for running other people's lives. - Thomas Sowell
                      Originally posted by James Earl Jones
                      The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        p7m8jg
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 1914

                        I play "Left for Dead" and use headphones so I can turn up the weapon sounds.......After a couple levels I can usually enjoy the rest of the evening....

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          five.five-six
                          CGN Contributor
                          • May 2006
                          • 34928

                          Originally posted by Full Clip
                          By prepping and priming 100 7.62x39 cases and then 100 7.62x54r cases...
                          Yep, that did it. Now they're just waiting to meet some powder and V-Max bullets...

                          ^ that works... today I just took a vicoden and called in sick...I am feeling pretty de-stressed right now LOL

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            xxdabroxx
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 3392

                            Originally posted by five.five-six
                            ^ that works... today I just took a vicoden and called in sick...I am feeling pretty de-stressed right now LOL
                            yes, we know you like your Vic, quit bragging.
                            sigpic
                            NRA EPL Member
                            Visit my blogBullets in the Wash

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bug Splat
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 6561

                              I always reload to de-stress. I'll sit at my bench, put on Band of Brothers, and spend a couple hours just sizing brass. I like to do my reloading in batches. I'll spend a day just resizing a bucket of brass then a few days later I will prime them all. Few days later i will charge and top them with a bullet. For whatever reason I don't like to reload a round from start to finish at one siting. I will do it if I have to because I'm going to the range the next day but I like to go slow and take the time to put some real love into my reloads and I only use a single stage for this reason. I don't see the fun in punching out 500 rounds in an hour or 2. Consistency is accuracy
                              Last edited by Bug Splat; 12-23-2009, 2:09 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1