Im going to start reloading soon for .223 and not sure which set of dies to get. Any suggestions would be great.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Quick ? on Dies
Collapse
X
-
Gas gun or bolt gun, high end or low?
Personally, I stay away from Lee. RCBS dies are decent for the money, Forster are generally better but more expensive, Redding are better yet but very expensive.sigpic -
I like my redding dies better than the rcbs ones. Seam to be more precise.
I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.Comment
-
I prefer Redding dies. I use the small base full sizing die and the Competition seater (I'm loading match ammo for an AR).
There is nothing wrong with RCBS, but Redding equipment seems to me to be a notch above in quality and workmanship. Their customer service is also top notch and fast. There have been a couple of threads lately about RCBS not answering their phones......Comment
-
It's going to be for my AR. What is the difference between small base dies and regular diesComment
-
Small base dies size the case body a little smaller.
Most current production dise have gone to "small base" dimensions.
It's really a change that's been happening since the 80's.
It's getting harder to find new dies that are NOT small base dimensioned already.
Small base dies work the brass more, but aid in semi-auto function.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,750
Posts: 25,151,221
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18672 users online. 81 members and 18591 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment