Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend a media separator and case cleaner

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    SVRider
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 1914

    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
    If you want a larger rotary tumbler, a small cement mixer works great!
    Yeah, for the price of a Dillon, you could buy one (granted a cheap Chinese one, but still):


    In practice though, how much difference in cleaning efficiency between vibratory and actual tumbling?
    FOR SALE:

    Check back later

    Comment

    • #17
      Rwnielsen
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 639

      Originally posted by juelz919
      one thing that i have noticed in my time reloading.. you dont always have to buy the most expensive thing possible. I have mostly cheap stuff and i make superb ammunition..

      with that said i have a $35 lyman tumbler. it comes with this thing that screws on top, you turn it upside down into a bucket and the media is in the bucket, the clean shells in the tumbler..
      I have the same one. Use the cover for a sifter, works great
      NRA Lifer/Endowment/Patron Member

      Comment

      • #18
        Fyathyrio
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 1082

        Originally posted by g17owner
        This is the one i use. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=450403 it works great and the auto flo feature is worth it. It came with media and a bucket too. I got it at bass pro for $75. I do about 300 38 or 357 cases at a time and regularly leave it running all night.
        I have the same setup, and it's $10 off today at Midway. Works fine, I don't dump media all over with the seperator they have, runs pretty quiet also.
        "Everything I ever learned about leadership, I learned from a Chief Petty Officer." - John McCain
        "Use your hammer, not your mouth, jackass!" - Mike Ditka
        There has never been a shortage of people eager to draw up blueprints for running other people's lives. - Thomas Sowell
        Originally posted by James Earl Jones
        The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.

        Comment

        • #19
          J20DB
          Member
          • Nov 2009
          • 166

          I use the Cabela's vibratory case cleaner and rotary media separator... not too expensive, and I'm happy with it so far.

          Comment

          • #20
            LGB Loader
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 727

            I use an old Midway 1292? tumbler. I have had it for quite some time and it works great. I use pet store walnut shell and Grainger fine grit corn cob 50/50 with a capful of NuFinish ever 1500 pcs of brass and a capful of mineral spirits every time I put brass in it. I also cut a used dryer sheet into 4 pcs to cut down on dust and keep the media to last a couple thousand pcs of brass longer. With this combo, I get brass that says: BLING!!!!

            To seperate the brass from the media, I use a RCBS separator. I used to use a Midway sifter thing that you put on top of a 5 gal bucket and that works as well. I prefer the RCBS.

            LGB
            Last edited by LGB Loader; 11-26-2009, 8:47 PM.
            Training in The Peaceful Art to achieve unnatural naturalness and natural unnaturalness, BEcoming WATER while serving The Great I AM.

            John 3:16

            Comment

            • #21
              Cyclepath
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2008
              • 738

              Originally posted by LGB Loader
              I use an old Midway 1292? tumbler. I have had it for quite some time and it works great. I use pet store walnut shell and Grainger fine grit corn cob 50/50 with a capful of NuFinish ever 1500 pcs of brass and a capful of mineral spirits every time I put brass in it. I also cut a used dryer sheet into 4 pcs to cut down on dust and keep the media to last a couple thousand pcs of brass longer. With this combo, I get brass that says: BLING!!!!
              Is the mineral spirits used as an cleaning additive or some other purpose?

              Comment

              • #22
                LGB Loader
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 727

                Is the mineral spirits used as an cleaning additive or some other purpose?
                Yeah, I started putting in the tumbler (about a capful or less), letting it run and then adding the brass. Brass turns out shinier than new.
                If the brass count get's to about 1500 pcs or so of brass, I add a capful of NuFinish with it.
                I was amazed and am very proud of the shine which I think the media itself is also responsible for. Walnut for cleaning and corncob for polish 50/50.

                Good stuff.

                LGB
                Training in The Peaceful Art to achieve unnatural naturalness and natural unnaturalness, BEcoming WATER while serving The Great I AM.

                John 3:16

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1