Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading Clinics Forming: Los Angeles Area

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mmartin
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 951

    Reloading Clinics Forming: Los Angeles Area

    This is the thread for Reloading Clinics to be organized in the Los Angeles Area

    VOTE so we'll know how you want to participate.

    If you already took the poll in this main thread (this one) you’ll be getting a PM from me with the link…

    If you need more info, post up, or contact Lone_Gunman or me
    Thanks! Megan

    If you need the link to a different area, it’s below

    Reloading Clinics Forming: Northern California Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Sacramento Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: San Francisco Bay Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: North Central Valley Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: South Central Valley Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Central Coast Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: South Coast Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Kern/Inyo Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Los Angeles Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Orange County/Inland Empire Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: San Diego/Imperial Area
    Reloading Clinics Forming: Other Areas
    184
    Interested in Coordinating
    0%
    3
    Interested in Teaching
    0%
    13
    Interested in Assisting
    0%
    18
    Interested in Bringing Equipment to Share
    0%
    16
    Have a Facility for the Clinic
    0%
    2
    Interested in Learning
    0%
    126
    Other
    0%
    6
    "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams
    "To maintain the ascendancy of the Constitution over the lawmaking majority is the great and essential point on which the success of the system must depend;" - John C Calhoun
    "If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa
  • #2
    CSACANNONEER
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2006
    • 44094

    I guess I'll start this off with my thoughts. First off, I don't want to promise anything until after my AK build Party next weekend. If that goes smoothly, I will be more than willing to host reloading clinincs a few miles outside of Agua Dulce in Canyon Country. I am not a NRA certified reloading instructor and do not consider myself an expert. I will offer to show people how I reload though. I would prefer to have other experinced reloaders co-teach with me. That way, I won't accidently steer anyone in the wrong dirrection and hopefully even the instructors can learn from each other. I do have multiple progressive presses, single stage presses and a few shot shell presses to use. I'm thinking the earliest I could do anything would be mid November and probably not until early December. So, who's up to learn? Who's willing to help teach? Also, LA is a big county so, if anyone else has another location, don't hesitate to volunteer it!
    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor


    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

    sigpic
    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

    KM6WLV

    Comment

    • #3
      mmartin
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 951

      Los Angeles Area:

      Coordinator: .454 & CSACannoneer (?)
      Teacher: ojisan, problemchild, 5hundo
      Co-teacher: CSACannoneer (?)

      can teach one-on-one: WileyWilly
      Last edited by mmartin; 10-18-2009, 9:02 PM.
      "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams
      "To maintain the ascendancy of the Constitution over the lawmaking majority is the great and essential point on which the success of the system must depend;" - John C Calhoun
      "If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

      Comment

      • #4
        Trevor
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2006
        • 559

        I recently started reloading so I am not qualified to teach but I am willing to bring equipment.

        Trevor
        Originally posted by Gasman
        The 270 is actually built on an action that's halfway in between a Medium and a Large - a "Marge".

        Kind of like Bruce Jenner, but the rifle still has a bolt.

        Comment

        • #5
          xm177
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2008
          • 906

          Would it be possible to attend this clinic if I don't have the equipment yet? There seems to be an endless amount of choices and it would be good to see other people's setup. I would definitely pay for any brass, primer, bullets, & powder that I would use @ the clinic.
          The Model 610 was classified as the XM177[3] but adopted by the Air Force as the GAU-5/A Submachine Gun (GAU = Gun, Aircraft, Unit.) The Army purchased 2,815 Model 609 CAR-15 Commandos on June 28, 1966, which were officially designated Submachine Gun, 5.56 mm, XM177E1. - Wikipedia

          Comment

          • #6
            CSACANNONEER
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Dec 2006
            • 44094

            Originally posted by peacemaker
            Would it be possible to attend this clinic if I don't have the equipment yet? There seems to be an endless amount of choices and it would be good to see other people's setup. I would definitely pay for any brass, primer, bullets, & powder that I would use @ the clinic.
            This would be an ideal way for you to see what you really need and what you don't need. So, YES you would be more than welcome to attend any of these clinics.
            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
            Utah CCW Instructor


            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

            sigpic
            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

            KM6WLV

            Comment

            • #7
              mmartin
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 951

              Interested so far:

              .454; 50CalAL; 5hundo; AggregatVier; bigstick61; bodger; boxbro; Bukowski; Caiman; Carnivore; chansen49; Charles4400; CSACANNONEER; curtisfong; Desert Cowboy; dwh100; edub91; expensivehobbies; flyboyinca; gewgaw; gn3hz3ku1*; gregr266; hard_drive; marxdspot; mblat; n2k; Nadir_E; nick; nickarino; Palimino Stripe; Paul E; peacemaker; racer; SkyStorm82; Sobriquet; souljahboi; Southbay; stillnotbob; stphnman20; Stubbie; tmushy; Trevor; wchcomu
              "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams
              "To maintain the ascendancy of the Constitution over the lawmaking majority is the great and essential point on which the success of the system must depend;" - John C Calhoun
              "If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

              Comment

              • #8
                Sunwolf
                Calguns Addict
                • May 2008
                • 7445

                Reloading USED to be an elite solitary hobby.There goes the neighborhood!

                Comment

                • #9
                  chansen49
                  Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 340

                  I have an extra case trimmer that could be set on "portable" for the masses.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bodger
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2009
                    • 6016

                    I'm interested but I'm coming into this with no knowledge, experience, or gear.

                    I would definitely like to participate. I'm in Hollyweird, will travel.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      ojisan
                      Agent 86
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 11781

                      "This is the thread for Reloading Clinics to be organized in the Northern California Area"

                      Not meaning to be picky , I do believe you mean Southern CA?

                      If so, I am willing to show reloading for handgun ammo, and I can touch on rifle reloading.
                      I have a single stage press, a progressive press and all related items to demonstrate.
                      I have room for only 5-6 at a time.
                      Zip 91214

                      Also, PM sent.

                      Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                      I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mmartin
                        Senior Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 951

                        Originally posted by ojisan
                        "This is the thread for Reloading Clinics to be organized in the Northern California Los Angeles Area"
                        d'oh! fixed it... set up 11 of these back to back and missed updating one...
                        thanks, megan
                        "There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty." - John Adams
                        "To maintain the ascendancy of the Constitution over the lawmaking majority is the great and essential point on which the success of the system must depend;" - John C Calhoun
                        "If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CSACANNONEER
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 44094

                          Originally posted by bodger
                          I'm interested but I'm coming into this with no knowledge, experience, or gear.

                          I would definitely like to participate. I'm in Hollyweird, will travel.
                          Again, that's what this would be for. It would be a beginning or introduction to reloading class. We'll cover inside neck turning and how to measure case capacity another time.
                          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                          Utah CCW Instructor


                          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                          sigpic
                          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                          KM6WLV

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ojisan
                            Agent 86
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 11781

                            Best to develop a standard basic info handout?

                            Hmm...
                            reloading clinics Stage 1,2,3?
                            1 = basic 2 = advanced 3 = precision

                            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                            I don't really care, I just like to argue.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Trevor
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 559

                              Originally posted by ojisan
                              Best to develop a standard basic info handout?

                              Hmm...
                              reloading clinics Stage 1,2,3?
                              1 = basic 2 = advanced 3 = precision
                              Great idea... either web articles on the basics or a reloading manual recommended list to be purchased and read prior to the clinic?
                              If you don't have the experience or any equipment, you should still be able to purchase a manual and read up on the process... It would make a better learning experience for the student, and a better experience for the instructor(s).
                              Originally posted by Gasman
                              The 270 is actually built on an action that's halfway in between a Medium and a Large - a "Marge".

                              Kind of like Bruce Jenner, but the rifle still has a bolt.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1