Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

cheapest 308 bullets?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DirtRacer151
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 2713

    cheapest 308 bullets?

    Im looking for some cheap 308 bullets just for plinking out of my Socom16. Weidners seems to have some good deals. The 145s are $80 per 500 and it almost seem like the 168s might be a better buy at only $93. Seems like they might be a little more accurate plus cheap still. Anyone else have a good source for anything cheaper?
    Visit our forum at- http://www.socalprecisionforum.com/index.php
  • #2
    joelogic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 6593

    I havent seen anything cheaper than $.15 each in at least a year. 2000 147gr for $309 shipped from wideners.
    Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

    Comment

    • #3
      swerv512
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • 3076

      that's the best deal i've seen in a while- goodbye miwall!

      Comment

      • #4
        Nodda Duma
        • Nov 2007
        • 3455

        Do a google search for "147gr .308" on gunbroker. Exactly like that.

        -Jason
        Last edited by Nodda Duma; 07-28-2009, 10:01 PM.
        Looking for photos for your wall?
        Help feed my children by clicking here.

        Comment

        • #5
          joelogic
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2008
          • 6593

          You mean just "search", right? Just giving you a hard time. It bugs me when people say, "Fedex this". When they really mean "Ship this".
          $129 for 1k bullets is pretty good deal. My FAL and I like the 147gr LC bullets.

          Originally posted by Nodda Duma
          Do a google search for "147gr .308" on gunbroker. Exactly like that.

          -Jason
          Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

          Comment

          • #6
            swerv512
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2006
            • 3076

            fixed...
            Originally posted by joelogic
            You mean just "search", right? Just giving you a hard time. It bugs me when people say, "Fedex this". When they really mean "Ship this".
            $129 for 1k bullets is pretty good deal. My FAL, my wallet, and I like the 147gr LC bullets.

            Comment

            • #7
              smokingloon
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2008
              • 1012

              Find information, resources and relevant links for goldenwestbrass.com. This domain may be for sale.

              Comment

              • #8
                polygunner
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2006
                • 512

                Pats reloading has resized steel projectiles.
                90 dollars/1000.
                Cheap by todays standard.
                pg

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jonathan Doe

                  I think I bought 2,000 168gr HPBT bullets from Midway or somewhere for $235 delivered couple of months ago. I don't remember exactly where I got them from. I have to look at my receipt.

                  edit: I hust remembered: I've got my bullets from Widners.
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-29-2009, 7:34 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Nodda Duma
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 3455

                    Originally posted by joelogic
                    You mean just "search", right? Just giving you a hard time. It bugs me when people say, "Fedex this". When they really mean "Ship this".
                    $129 for 1k bullets is pretty good deal. My FAL and I like the 147gr LC bullets.
                    I claim it was past my bedtime. But at least nothing was misspelled. I don't rely on spellchecker, either!

                    Oh and thanks for the link smokingloon. I had given up on golden west brass because they were always out of stock. Now I see they have stuff in stock again!

                    -Jason
                    Looking for photos for your wall?
                    Help feed my children by clicking here.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NotEnoughGuns
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 1053

                      I've bought the 168s from widners in the past, my M1A scout seems to like them over the 147s.
                      Join the NRA today!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mstnpete
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2006
                        • 4039

                        Sportsman's Guide has some great deals on 308 ammo.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          joelogic
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2008
                          • 6593

                          The market is returning to earth just as fast as it left. I guess winchester was right about not wanting to hire more people because they would just have to lay them off a couple of months down the road.
                          Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            swerv512
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 3076

                            ahhhh, the market. an intangible object to target my fustration with gun-owners, myself included sometimes, who went plain paranoid and starting buying everything in sight....

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              joelogic
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2008
                              • 6593

                              Look like someone else found the LC .308 bullets a good deal as well. They are all gone.
                              Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1