Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

POF 6.8 /Ammo Storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shaunbowler@yahoo.com
    Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 309

    POF 6.8 /Ammo Storage

    During "another crisis of the day" I bought "a bunch" of 6.8
    Ammo over ten years ago.
    Is there any reason my 6.8 may have "deteriorated?"
    Is there a need to be concerned? My Ammo is stored properly.
    Thank you, folks, for any consideration.
    Merry Christmas too.
  • #2
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57181

    It's fine.
    People are still shooting 70+ year old military surplus ammo.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #3
      shaunbowler@yahoo.com
      Member
      • Nov 2009
      • 309

      Thank you. That is a relief.
      How about another question-How long can a magazine remain under the stress of a "full stack?"

      Comment

      • #4
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57181

        Originally posted by shaunbowler@yahoo.com
        Thank you. That is a relief.
        How about another question-How long can a magazine remain under the stress of a "full stack?"
        50+ years is no problem.

        Springs do not wear from sitting still.
        Springs wear from being cycled back and forth between their compressed state and their relaxed state.
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #5
          kcstott
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2011
          • 11796

          Originally posted by shaunbowler@yahoo.com
          During "another crisis of the day" I bought "a bunch" of 6.8
          Ammo over ten years ago.
          Is there any reason my 6.8 may have "deteriorated?"
          Is there a need to be concerned? My Ammo is stored properly.
          Thank you, folks, for any consideration.
          Merry Christmas too.
          I have 1928 45 ACP ball ammo the shoots just fine

          Comment

          • #6
            shaunbowler@yahoo.com
            Member
            • Nov 2009
            • 309

            I have been using Firearms for over 50 years.
            These "little things" are questions that i should know the answer to.
            CALGUNS.NET is the best place to get advice for everything.
            I do not know if I am Bragging or Complaining but I moved from CA. to NM. @ 10 years ago.
            I have a really nice POF 6.8 that I purchased in CA.
            At an Excellent Range @ ABQ. No One knew what a "Bullet Button" was.
            Sort of embarrassing.

            Comment

            • #7
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57181

              Originally posted by shaunbowler@yahoo.com
              I have been using Firearms for over 50 years.
              These "little things" are questions that i should know the answer to.
              CALGUNS.NET is the best place to get advice for everything.
              I do not know if I am Bragging or Complaining but I moved from CA. to NM. @ 10 years ago.
              I have a really nice POF 6.8 that I purchased in CA.
              At an Excellent Range @ ABQ. No One knew what a "Bullet Button" was.
              Sort of embarrassing.
              I have only shot a couple matches in Albuquerque.
              ZIA is a nice range.
              There was another range as well that was a good way northwest of downtown but I forget the name.
              I only remember we were on a washboard road and drifting a 1ton van with 7 people at 70mph to get out there.
              eta: It was Del Norte.
              I think I also shot at Founders Ranch one year.
              Last edited by ar15barrels; 12-12-2022, 7:49 PM.
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1