Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone Remember Dick Schere & Son in Sacramento

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • qmrp2567
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 1015

    Anyone Remember Dick Schere & Son in Sacramento

    Anyone Remember Dick Scherer & Son in Sacramento.
    I picked up some reloading equipment from a guy who buys abandoned storage lockers. I found a Lee die set with the Dick Scherer & Son label. I used to get 1lb zip lock bags of powder from them for around $12. He weighs it in front of you in a small zip-lock bag. I miss the old days.
    Last edited by qmrp2567; 07-09-2023, 5:22 PM.
  • #2
    RNE228
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2013
    • 2458

    Remember them. And Old Sac Armory in the 1980's...

    I got most of my reloading stuff at Wild Sports back in the day, and J&G when they were on Vernon in Roseville.

    J&G is still around over in Granite Bay...

    Comment

    • #3
      RNE228
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2013
      • 2458

      There used to be a guy in Sac that did air rifle repairs, had sights and other stuff. I had him rebuild my Dad's early 1950's Benjamin/Sheridan Silver Streak, back in the late 1980's.

      I think it was Gary Thiry...

      Comment

      • #4
        qmrp2567
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2010
        • 1015

        I used to deliver campus mail for CSU-Sacramento as a college job. My route would take me to Gary Thiry and Old Sac both on J then coming back Dick Scherer. Never had the money for anything,but I learned a lot just by looking and talking to the people the ran the shops. Finland Captured nagants were $49 at Old Sac.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1