Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Where do I find oversized lubricator dies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gunnerasch
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 46

    Where do I find oversized lubricator dies?

    Im needing to size 7mm cast bullets of a 1909 Mauser and the bore is .286.
    Anyone have any idea where I can find oversized sizing/lube dies for a standard Lyman/RCBS lubricator?
    I think a .288-.289 die will work.
    Also needing a .461 die for lubing .457 slugs for a Marlin 1895

    Thanks
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
  • #2
    sghart
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2012
    • 1262

    There are a few options. Buffalo Arms has about 5 pages of sizing dies available:

    Shop our collection of Buffalo Arms Custom RCBS & Lyman Sizing Dies. Lead bullet sizing dies. Buffalo Arms Co. offering shooting & reloading supplies since 1990!


    S&S Firearms will make you one:



    There are several others on the interwebs. You can try a Google search for "custom H&I dies".

    I size my cast bullets for my military 7X57 to .290". I honed out a Lee sizer and tumble lube. If you ever go the tumble lube route that is an option or Al at NOE molds has a sizing system similar to Lee's that consists of a body with interchangeable inserts. The inserts come in many sizes.

    Hope this helps.

    Comment

    • #3
      Bumslie
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2011
      • 5358

      There is an individual on cast boolits that will make you one

      Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
      NRA Life Member
      WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, and common sense. Some overly sensitive "men" will be offended.
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      I love you! (some Homo)
      Originally posted by ivanimal
      I am a Gay muslim sometimes.
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      OP you are an uninformed tool.
      Go Broncos!
      Go Kings Go!

      Comment

      • #4
        Sheldon
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 2149

        Lathesmith is the guy on http://castboolits.gunloads.com

        Comment

        • #5
          ar15barrels
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 57177

          Originally posted by gunnerasch
          Im needing to size 7mm cast bullets of a 1909 Mauser and the bore is .286.
          Anyone have any idea where I can find oversized sizing/lube dies for a standard Lyman/RCBS lubricator?
          I think a .288-.289 die will work.
          Also needing a .461 die for lubing .457 slugs for a Marlin 1895

          Thanks
          I can hone H&I dies oversized from their original size.
          Randall Rausch

          AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
          Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
          Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
          Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
          Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

          Comment

          • #6
            Sailormilan2
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2006
            • 3485

            Originally posted by ar15barrels
            I can hone H&I dies oversized from their original size.
            Works very well.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1