Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Not getting good crimps 12 GA Reloading

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tabascoz28
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 3364

    What I don't like about the Mecs is you have to get a different charge bar if you ever need a different payload. At least the powder bushings are interchangeable. The variable one is like over $100. For my next rig it's gotta be progressive or I'll just keep my Lee.

    Comment

    • #32
      JagerDog
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2011
      • 15635

      Originally posted by tabascoz28
      What I don't like about the Mecs is you have to get a different charge bar if you ever need a different payload. At least the powder bushings are interchangeable. The variable one is like over $100. For my next rig it's gotta be progressive or I'll just keep my Lee.
      Mec bar can be bored to accept shot bushings from Hornady, etc. I went adjustable bar on my 9000's and IIRC they were closer to $60, but everything's high at the moment. Bars are pretty cheap (albeit bushings are cheaper) and most folks don't need a wide assortment.
      Palestine is a fake country

      No Mas Hamas



      #Blackolivesmatter

      Comment

      • #33
        canon714
        Member
        • Oct 2010
        • 157

        I would love to get a used size master but with current environment I cant find used ones that are cheaper than buying new and more than I can spend right now. . But I keep drooling over them. lol

        Yes Members on here have been very helpful for the most part.

        Comment

        • #34
          tabascoz28
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2016
          • 3364

          Originally posted by JagerDog
          Mec bar can be bored to accept shot bushings from Hornady, etc. I went adjustable bar on my 9000's and IIRC they were closer to $60, but everything's high at the moment. Bars are pretty cheap (albeit bushings are cheaper) and most folks don't need a wide assortment.
          Very cool info. My goal was to get a working 12g load at rock bottom prices to bust clay. Job accomplished with Clays powder, 7/8 shot, remington hulls. I never change the setup now and if I need to make buck or slugs, I do the measuring by hand. If I was a competitive shooter I guess I'd let my sponsors pay for what's faster in bulk.

          Comment

          • #35
            ar15barrels
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 57179

            Originally posted by tabascoz28
            What I don't like about the Mecs is you have to get a different charge bar if you ever need a different payload.
            At least the powder bushings are interchangeable.
            The variable one is like over $100.
            I took old style MEC bars and bored both holes for MEC bushings.
            You can go up to 1-1/16oz of lead shot in MEC bushings.
            For heavier loads, I simply bore the bar to get what I want.
            There are LOTS of old style (non-bushing) MEC bars on ebay for cheap.
            I could make them from raw aluminum but then they would not be anodized red...
            Randall Rausch

            AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
            Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
            Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
            Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
            Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

            Comment

            • #36
              ar15barrels
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 57179

              Originally posted by canon714
              I would love to get a used size master but with current environment I cant find used ones that are cheaper than buying new and more than I can spend right now.
              Used ones are going for the price of new ones because all the new ones are SOLD OUT.
              Randall Rausch

              AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
              Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
              Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
              Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
              Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1