Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

World is going reloading crazy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    mindwreck
    Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 372

    Its all relative with factory being non existent or crazy expensive and having to wait hours in lines with this covid thing..

    To us, things are crazy expensive but its still cheaper and easier than the alternative above.

    Common reloading saying is that you dont save money reloading, you just shoot more for the same money.. well same is true now. Just less than were used too versus 2 or 3 years ago. Last alternative is dont shoot at all.

    Comment

    • #32
      Red9
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2014
      • 2900

      Originally posted by mikeyr
      both my 650's came setup as .223, I don't own anything .223 and likely never will, but I kept the dies and conversion stuff. With today's price I put them up on fleabay a few weeks ago and got good money for them, guess I should have kept them a little longer (yeah, I also sold Gamestop on the 3rd day of the mess, made good money there too, but could have made more). Was thinking last night about selling my 2 SDB's and my wife said I should think of selling both of them AND one of my 650's, at todays prices that will give me plenty to buy the 1050 or 1100 from Dillon at Dillon prices, I will have to wait a few months or longer to get it but its worth thinking about at the prices like they are today. Same with components, my LGS has offered to buy primers from me at a one hell of price, might be time to sell some but at todays prices I will need those primers eventually (due to covid and working from home part time, I have lots of range time and been using my components more than usual)
      I'd just sell them all if nib. Lol. Then go to bobcat armory, and see what he has? Wonder how much a bnib 650 set up for 223?
      I'm a 550 user. It does the job. Easy to use. Cheap conversions.

      Sent from my A7 Pro using Tapatalk
      Never enough reloading stuff

      Comment

      • #33
        mikeyr
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2011
        • 1554

        Originally posted by Red9
        I'd just sell them all if nib.
        Oh none of my stuff is new, my first 650 is well over 20 years old, second one about 15 years old, my SDB's are the same, but they are Dillon so might as well be new and I have dreamed of the 1050 for decades just could not justify it.

        Now I am dreaming of that new Mark 7 Apex which looks like a 1050 copy
        sigpic
        NRA Benefactor Member
        . CRPA Member

        Comment

        • #34
          MrFancyPants
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2017
          • 1160

          Originally posted by Red9
          Decided to list some spare dies on eflay to test the water. I have a set of 223s that are at a stupid high of 129 plus shipping.
          Am I missing something?
          Has the world gone reloading crazy?
          Originally posted by tabascoz28
          No one has any in stock. Unfortunately I'm using mine.
          Originally posted by Red9
          Really? No 223 dies In stock? Dang
          Guess I got lucky then. I walked into my local Sportsmans Warehouse earlier this week and walked out with a Hornady 223 Remington custom grade die set, $49.99. Yeah I was surprised to see it sitting there on the shelf, lol. Scooped it right up without a thought.

          Actually in the last month or so, I've been able to pick up die sets for every other caliber I'll be reloading which I didn't have dies for before, between Sportsmans, Scheels and Midway. You just have to keep checking. I stop by a store or two daily, sometimes I find a nut.
          Last edited by MrFancyPants; 02-04-2021, 5:42 PM.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1