Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Once the last SPP has been used....

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • five.five-six
    CGN Contributor
    • May 2006
    • 34928

    Once the last SPP has been used....

    Once the last SPP has been used do we start working up loads with SPM or SRP first?
    51
    Small Rifle Primers
    0%
    11
    Small Pistol Magnum Primers
    0%
    14
    Stop shooting girly 9mm, load up .45ACP and shoot yoru 1911 like a man
    0%
    17
    Bacon
    0%
    9
  • #2
    Gryff
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2006
    • 12693

    I tried SPP Magnum primers in my 9mm range load I got a 5-10 fps speed bump. No signs of over-pressure
    My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

    Comment

    • #3
      jessdigs
      Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 472

      I used SRP in a pinch to load .40.
      I asked for SPP and SRP at Scheels and when I got home I saw I got LRP instead. Used them for
      .45 and .45 shotshells, but used some SRP in place of SPP and they worked fine.

      Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

      Comment

      • #4
        the86d
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2011
        • 9591

        I figure I'll try my hand with SPMP as SPP replacments, as I still have about a case left,
        and I already know SRP with fine as SPP and SPP's work fine as SRP.
        Tested during the last shortage.

        I have PLENTY of SRP's for us to last a year or two if I run out of SPMP.

        You down with SP*P,
        yeah you know me...

        I am SURE it'll calm down in the next 6 months...
        The panicked will either forget about ammo/primers, spend too much time/give up looking, or pay much of their 401k in overpriced primers or ammo.

        I REALLY HOPE that all the new gun owners pay attention to the Legislation, and make a change to do something different... ... ...
        Last edited by the86d; 01-31-2021, 9:41 PM.

        Comment

        • #5
          TomReloaded
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2013
          • 1637

          I had a silly apex striker spring in a SDVE that wouldnt light off srp's. It didn't do much for the trigger either.

          Never had any problem with spm's in any pistol caliber.

          Comment

          • #6
            sbo80
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2014
            • 2265

            there's some youtube videos doing tests showing no appreciable difference in pressure (in a 9mm test) with any of the small primers.

            Comment

            • #7
              'ol shooter
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2011
              • 4646

              The answer is always Bacon. I will never run out of primers.
              sigpic
              Bob B.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

              Comment

              • #8
                Spyder
                CGN Contributor
                • Mar 2008
                • 17272

                I have no problem using magnums in place of regulars. They fit fine.

                Comment

                • #9
                  five.five-six
                  CGN Contributor
                  • May 2006
                  • 34928

                  Originally posted by the86d

                  You down with SP*P,
                  yeah you know me...
                  You should be ashamed of yourself.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Cowboy T
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 5725

                    Bacon. Definitely.



                    But really, there's nothing wrong with shooting .44 Special, .45 Colt, or .45 ACP, all of which take LPP's. I enjoy all three of these rounds, and in a self-defense situation, any of the above three will make your would-be assailant wish they'd made a more peaceful choice.

                    We can also use magnum SPP primers with .38/357 and 9mm if we properly work up our loads. I've tried magnum primers with middle-level loads, and it works fine.
                    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                    F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                    http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tabascoz28
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2016
                      • 3364

                      Already tested my mags. When I sees it i buys it.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tabascoz28
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2016
                        • 3364

                        Also I have a small sandwich bag of 45acp that use sp.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1