Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lucky score on powder

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PSLguy
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2014
    • 817

    Lucky score on powder

    Ordered some 9mm projectiles from a place a month or so ago and got a shipping notification. Came home and they had accidentally got shipping labels mixed up and sent me two, 8 pound jugs of Alliant Sport Pistol.

    I reload a lot of 9mm but usually use Bullseye.

    Called shipper and long story short, thy said to just keep it as it's not returnable. UPS won't take it back as refused, even at the HUB. No longer allowed to do that. They can only accept it from a registered hazmat shipper.

    Even called a hazmat broker. They want more than cost of powder to ship it. Offered to pay for at least half and shipper said don't worry about it. Their mistake.

    Got my projectiles from them today. I'll be sure to order more from them in future to help them earn it back.
  • #2
    the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9591

    I decided to try some .mil surplus powder, ordered 7lbs or <$120 for .223.

    Just in case powder will cost me right at $0.1227/rd for 55 gr reloads...
    RAD-78L. RAD 78L POWDER, while not ideal, I wanted to try it, @ $17.034/lb, shipped! Reload data shows:
    SR-Mag .223 54 Grain Tracer, 23 Grains=2642 FPS
    Not a bad deal, even though it seems like it was made for .50BMG, and shoots pretty-hot.

    Right now, while not ideal, I am still working on an 8lb jug of IMR 4064, so it might actually be better.
    Last edited by the86d; 10-21-2020, 12:18 AM.

    Comment

    • #3
      the86d
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 9591

      If you are looking to offload that "extra jug" let us know...

      Comment

      • #4
        vhuang168
        Member
        • Sep 2013
        • 158

        Where did you buy it from?


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

        Comment

        • #5
          Dvrjon
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2012
          • 11370

          Originally posted by vhuang168
          Where did you buy it from?

          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Exactly....Out the vendor for dealing fairly and professionally.

          I like to give those folks money.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1