Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Lee decapping pin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    hntnnut
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1066

    Here found the link



    Richard
    "This country with it's institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing goverment, they can excercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismemember or overthrow it."
    Abe Lincoln

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Comment

    • #17
      bruce381
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2453

      Originally posted by JackEllis
      Here's how I avoid breaking mine (yeah, I know it's too late).

      I raise the ram without using any force until the pin makes contact, and only then do I apply pressure. I can tell when the case is not aligned correctly in the die and back off the ram to troubleshoot.

      Other than Berdan primers, I'm guessing most broken pins are caused by enthusiastically raising the ram because we want to go through that stack of cases as possible (but I might be wrong).

      I broke one. Then I figured it out.
      or rocks LOL

      Comment

      • #18
        bazineta
        Senior Member
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2015
        • 647

        I've bought the squirrel OEM ones from the usual scumbags:



        And they're probably the last ones you'll need to buy; substantial upgrade.

        However, if you want to try something that's in a different league entirely, Mighty Armory:

        Eliminate primer pullback with Mighty Armory’s innovative Decapping Dies. Save time with autocentering guide. Tool-free, trouble-free, and ultra tough. Shop Now!


        You can punch one of these through a Berdan case easily. I've only managed to bend one once, and that was due to a rock being in the case.

        Comment

        • #19
          BrassCase
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Dec 2011
          • 3192

          Just throw 3 in your cart at Midsouth Shooters Supply when you buy your other stuff.
          I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
          NRA Certified:

          Chief Range Safety Officer
          Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
          Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

          Comment

          • #20
            jimmykan
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 3102

            There is a replacement decapping pin for the Lee Universal Decapping Die made by Fast and Friendly Brass that has a replaceable pin:

            Comment

            • #21
              justMike
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 796

              Originally posted by jimmykan
              There is a replacement decapping pin for the Lee Universal Decapping Die made by Fast and Friendly Brass that has a replaceable pin:

              https://fastandfriendlybrass.com/sho...in-holders/19/
              I noticed that the last update to the F&F site was 2016. Anyone done business with them recently? Thanks.

              Comment

              • #22
                jimmykan
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 3102

                Originally posted by justMike
                I noticed that the last update to the F&F site was 2016. Anyone done business with them recently? Thanks.

                Yes, I ordered a Honey Badger brass trimming adapter for Bosch routers in June. Order processed on the same day.

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1