Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Midway comes through with stellar customer service

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bigbossman
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2012
    • 11280

    Midway comes through with stellar customer service

    Way back in 1996 or so, I bought a Midway 1292 tumbler. Over the years it has tumbled untold thousands of casings, running an uncountable number of hours. On two occasions during the intervening years one of the motor leads broke loose, necessitating a disassembly and solder repair each time. A month or so ago, the lead began to separate again, and it was so close to the internal winding that I could not get a reliable repair on it without risking further damage.

    Since it was a Sunday, instead of calling I sent an email fully disclosing when I got it, it's lifetime of use, and what the faults were. I inquired about their "lifetime" guarantee". Within an hour, a CS rep had returned my email with instructions on how to check if it was one of their recalled tumblers, as well as directions on sending it in for replacement. After a few email exchanges, they could not determine precisely if it was one of the faulty ones from way back, but cheerfully accepted it for return and paid for my return shipping.

    My replacement tumbler arrived yesterday, and I have $15.00 in Midway Money to spend. They could not have been more courteous or accommodating throughout the whole process, from weekend emails to phone call conversations.
    Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

    "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."
  • #2
    seal20
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 3081

    Midway is first class in my book.

    Comment

    • #3
      SonofWWIIDI
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2011
      • 21583

      I’ve always liked the way they do business.

      Make sure you tell Larry!

      Sorry, not sorry.
      🎺

      Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

      Comment

      • #4
        Chocula
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2020
        • 24

        This thread caught my eye as my recent experience with Midway customer service was not as stellar.

        I had ordered a set of Walker electronic ear buds while they were on sale and one arrived DOA. I returned them requesting a replacement. A week later I get an email indicating they were out of stock so refunded my purchase price instead. I checked online and they showed 5 in stock so I called there customer service a few minutes after they had sent me the email. After some back and forth, they determined that they did in fact have them in stock, and I was told that I could just repurchase them at the now $100 more expensive price. After some more back and forth and the rep getting "approval" I was given the opportunity to repurchase them at the previous sale price, but had to do in on the spot. They would not accept any coupon codes so I had to pay another shipping charge.

        The right thing to do was not to charge for the shipping as would have been the case had they not erroneously canceled the order. Seems to me this would have been an easy call for the supervisor to make, but they chose not too. I had not intended to post about this, just not order from them for awhile.

        In a bit of irony, I had no idea that my tumbler, a Midway 1292 purchased in 1992, had been recalled. I guess I will be contacting them again sooner than I though.

        Comment

        • #5
          jtv3062
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 2770

          Originally posted by bigbossman
          Way back in 1996 or so, I bought a Midway 1292 tumbler. Over the years it has tumbled untold thousands of casings, running an uncountable number of hours. On two occasions during the intervening years one of the motor leads broke loose, necessitating a disassembly and solder repair each time. A month or so ago, the lead began to separate again, and it was so close to the internal winding that I could not get a reliable repair on it without risking further damage.

          Since it was a Sunday, instead of calling I sent an email fully disclosing when I got it, it's lifetime of use, and what the faults were. I inquired about their "lifetime" guarantee". Within an hour, a CS rep had returned my email with instructions on how to check if it was one of their recalled tumblers, as well as directions on sending it in for replacement. After a few email exchanges, they could not determine precisely if it was one of the faulty ones from way back, but cheerfully accepted it for return and paid for my return shipping.

          My replacement tumbler arrived yesterday, and I have $15.00 in Midway Money to spend. They could not have been more courteous or accommodating throughout the whole process, from weekend emails to phone call conversations.
          I also have a midway tumbler bought in the same time frame. What did they have you look for for them to determine if its a recalled one?
          Last edited by jtv3062; 02-22-2020, 5:33 PM.
          Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your Honour
          Let's pray for Obama Psalm 109:8






          159

          Comment

          • #6
            17+1
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 2847

            Comment

            • #7
              BrassCase
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Dec 2011
              • 3192

              They won’t ship ammo to CA even with an 03 FFL and a COE.
              I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
              NRA Certified:

              Chief Range Safety Officer
              Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
              Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

              Comment

              • #8
                NapalmCheese
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2011
                • 5958

                I’ve always received great service from them. I never felt their shipping was slower than anything else (in fact I’ve been surprised at their shipping times considering they’re not Amazon). Prices aren’t bad IMO, some are okay, some are not great. Birthday pricing is always a bonus. The gunsmithing videos are valuable. Their back order policy/procedure is fine with me.

                Is what it is.

                No matter, I’ve got a harbor freight tumbler and some newly delivered steel pins
                Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jtv3062
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 2770

                  House brand as in Frankford is exclusive to Midwayusa?
                  Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your Honour
                  Let's pray for Obama Psalm 109:8






                  159

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Batman
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 2659

                    Most of the time, Midway has done me right.

                    That said, I was NOT happy with them when they had all the ammo shortages. There was a deal where you could backorder some items, which I did. Fast forward a few months later, they cancelled my orders, saying they weren't sure when the product would come in. A week later it was back in stock for $30 more than my "regular low price" backorder. Not a happy camper about that. Brownells gets more of my business because of that.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BajaJames83
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 6042

                      thats pretty impressive.
                      I would of chocked it up as end of life and ordered a new one. You really have to give them credit for that!
                      NRA Endowment Life Member
                      USMC 2001-2012

                      Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                      John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                      James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JagerDog
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2011
                        • 15652

                        Shipping has gotten better in both speed and packing security.

                        Prices are on par with any other genuine stocking vendor with a wide array of merchandise IMHO.

                        Don't know why anyone would be upset with NRA roundup. It's not required.
                        Palestine is a fake country

                        No Mas Hamas



                        #Blackolivesmatter

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Whiterabbit
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Oct 2010
                          • 7599

                          Will they ship to an 01?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            divingin
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2015
                            • 2522

                            Originally posted by jtv3062
                            House brand as in Frankford is exclusive to Midwayusa?
                            It is not, as far as I know.

                            Part of the Battenfeld Industries brand, which includes Wheeler Engineering, Caldwell, Tipton, Schrade, and Uncle Henry's among others.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              jtv3062
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 2770

                              Originally posted by divingin
                              It is not, as far as I know.

                              Part of the Battenfeld Industries brand, which includes Wheeler Engineering, Caldwell, Tipton, Schrade, and Uncle Henry's among others.
                              I was a loaded question for 17+1
                              Do not fear the enemy, for your enemy can only take your life. It is far better that you fear the media, for they will steal your Honour
                              Let's pray for Obama Psalm 109:8






                              159

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1