Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
45-70 Reloading
Collapse
X
-
Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF -
I've got the price of reloading supplies for the Powder Valley where I usually buy my other reloading supplies.You’re comparing leadfree to lead ammo. There is always a big price jump between those.
I get starline brass for about 0.45 each
Hardcast 405gr for 0.27
Primers(CCI) 0.035
Powder(1lb @ $28 and 44 grain charge) 0.18
$0.94/rd first shot.
$0.49/rd second loading.
Here’s JSPs for cheap.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...oint-box-of-50Comment
-
-
Yeah, but by ordering factory ammo you cant shoot cool stuff like this. I was hoping to try them out this weekend, but rain is not my friend.
215gr KAK Industries brass bullets in the .45-70 (Marlin 1895 CB, 26" octagon barrel) and .458 SOCOM (new build yet to be fired). I only hope it's enough for rabbits and coyotes...........

Comment
-
That may be a good Zombie round.Yeah, but by ordering factory ammo you cant shoot cool stuff like this. I was hoping to try them out this weekend, but rain is not my friend.
215gr KAK Industries brass bullets in the .45-70 (Marlin 1895 CB, 26" octagon barrel) and .458 SOCOM (new build yet to be fired). I only hope it's enough for rabbits and coyotes...........


Comment
-
Im getting:
Powder coat Cast 420gr - 0.06
Primers (S&B) LR - 0.015
Powder IMR3031 - 0.10
Powder Unique - 0.03
Starline Brass - 0.33 can get +15 uses = 0.03
Shooting these for under $0.20Comment
-
Yeah. I cast too and it’s way cheaper. Was just posting a “common man” reload.
Where are you getting 45-70 star line for 0.33? Link?Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INFComment
-
I wanted to use 300 grain JSP rounds with some punch. I paid $289 for 200 rounds with free shipping, so I guess it is okay, because I will not be shooting too much anyways.
Comment
-
I have a few different Lyman .458 molds when I shot blackpowder I pan lube and shoot as cast.
I have a Lee .457 sizer when I shoot smokeless it’s almost to small to allow for a good crimp.Last edited by Tom-ADC; 02-09-2019, 6:26 PM.US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

Comment
-
Used to get them at Cabelas before the takeover from BassPro. Prices there just aren't the same anymore since 2017.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,498
Posts: 25,148,396
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13145 users online. 124 members and 13021 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment