Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Time for the exploded view...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • the86d
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2011
    • 9591

    Time for the exploded view...

    Deep cleaning time after about 10500+ rds.


    First time I disassembled the XL 650 platform assembly...
    Only lost the Pawl Spring- 13938.
    She was pretty dirty.

    Buttered her up, just awaiting the replacement spring.
    Last edited by the86d; 08-22-2018, 8:30 PM.
  • #2
    tonyjr
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2015
    • 1448

    FYI - If you have a sonic , you can place a metal pot on top
    and it can help a lot .
    I used to use WD-40 [ YES , I know it displaces water and not a
    penetrating oil but a dust magnet ] , now I use 0-20 motor oil .
    Strain thru coffee filter .
    life member - CRPA and NRA
    All ways listen - after you can say I new that

    Comment

    • #3
      the86d
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2011
      • 9591

      This official Dillon guide says 30 weight (HD30?)



      Anyone know much about grease?
      IF so, then does using moly-contraining grease for the contact/wear-points, and in the grease fittings cause issues?
      Last edited by the86d; 08-24-2018, 9:06 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        kcstott
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Nov 2011
        • 11796

        Originally posted by the86d
        This official Dillon guide says 30 weight (HD30?)



        Anyone know much about grease?
        IF so, then does using moly-contraining grease for the contact/wear-points, and in the grease fittings cause issues?
        you are lubricating a machine that as a high cycle low speed low heat load,

        Any SAE 30 or a 30wt Hyd oil will work ISO VG 100- 150 would be fine.

        As for grease I'd just use a common red lithium complex grease. it doesn't need to see anything EP rated or fancy.

        Comment

        • #5
          tonyjr
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2015
          • 1448

          The oil I was talking about was for the sonic .
          For the press I use either 5-30 or 10-30 - whatever I used last
          oil change .
          Unlike 99.9 precent of people here , after a reloading cycle [ 200
          -400 ] , I take apart dies and run thru sonic .
          Several reasons for this - 7 of us reload here [ how many 30 cal do
          you have ? ] and this makes sure there is an oil film on dies .
          life member - CRPA and NRA
          All ways listen - after you can say I new that

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1