Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Fiocchi .223 "MatchKing" (69gr vs. 77gr)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 5hundo
    Banned
    • Jun 2008
    • 2210

    Fiocchi .223 "MatchKing" (69gr vs. 77gr)

    I'm thinking about getting some for my AR.

    Is either one exponentially better than the other? The price difference is negligible, so don't mind that. If any of you have experience with it, I'd love to hear from you...

    I'm using a DPMS 24" Bull Barrel with a 1/8" twist...

    (...this is, of course, assuming that both of these cartridges are safe in an AR variant)
  • #2
    buffybuster
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2615

    All depends on the barrel twist. The 69gr is for 1/9 twist, the 77gr is for 1/8 or faster twist. The 77gr will also give better performance beyond 700yds.

    Since you have the faster twist, I would go with the 77gr load (price being a non-issue).
    Luck favors the prepared.

    The original battle plan did not survive initial contact with the enemy.

    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

    Comment

    • #3
      Jonathan Doe

      Your 1-8" barrel will shoot both loads well.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1