Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

brass gets stuck

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mxapacbell
    Member
    • Mar 2017
    • 111

    brass gets stuck

    Hi

    I have a few hundred 1x fired brass with mixed head stamps.
    some brasses get stuck in chamber , but all measurements look ok compared to the good one. any hints on how to fix this problem.

    Attached Files
  • #2
    nukeandjuke
    Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 111

    Did they come out of the same chamber???
    I say use better lube


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      baih777
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jul 2011
      • 5680

      Are these mixed headstamp?
      Are these already resized?
      Are these 1x fired from your rifle?
      Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
      I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
      I'm Back.

      Comment

      • #4
        mxapacbell
        Member
        • Mar 2017
        • 111

        yes , the same rifle , the bad ones are hornady ( mostly)
        How do I detect witch part of brass gets stuck ?
        I tested the brass on 2 rifles ( howa 1500 and tikka t3x) 6.5 CM and resume results.

        Comment

        • #5
          J-cat
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2005
          • 6626

          Have you sized them?

          Comment

          • #6
            mxapacbell
            Member
            • Mar 2017
            • 111

            yes , I sized them.

            Comment

            • #7
              5.56Geo
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 1889

              Have you trimmed them to spec? If they haven't been trimmed different head stamps stretch at different rates. The two that are bad may be too long, getting stuck at the front end of the chamber.

              My thoughts...
              Live free or die trying!

              Comment

              • #8
                mxapacbell
                Member
                • Mar 2017
                • 111

                yes , trimmed.

                Comment

                • #9
                  baih777
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 5680

                  Do you have a go/no-go case guage.
                  Or a Hornaday comparator case guage.
                  Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
                  I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
                  I'm Back.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Capt.Dunsel
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 1199

                    Are the necks concentric to the chamber ? a shell sized off center could cause a sticking problem .

                    Size them , rotate them 180 in shell holder , and size again, and see if they stick . your die may not have a centered "bore".
                    Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

                    Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.

                    Librarian " Calguns is not a 'general discussion board".

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      hermosabeach
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 19832

                      Grab your sharpie and color one case. We are talking about resized brass, not fired brass not reloaded Ammo right??

                      Let case dry and cycle through the gun.

                      Contact will wipe, scratch, alter the sharpie so you can see where the brass is hitting on something.


                      Sharpie comes off with 70-90% rubbing alcohol. Clean chamber with an alcohol soaked patch.

                      I would suggest going back to factory spec on the brass..

                      Tumble to clean
                      Lube and full length resize the brass.

                      Full length does no fix if you pushed a shoulder back, but shooting does...


                      Brass varies in thickness. Military brass tends to be the thickest and hardest to work. All commercial brands vary too.


                      When you go get the brass with calipers, how do the dimensions compare to a factory round? Another empty brass from the same pile and the dimensions in the loading book
                      Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                      Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                      Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                      Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                      (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        J-cat
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2005
                        • 6626

                        I would compare the before and after dimensions.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mxapacbell
                          Member
                          • Mar 2017
                          • 111

                          Originally posted by baih777
                          Do you have a go/no-go case guage.
                          Or a Hornaday comparator case guage.
                          no I don't . I am going to order one.
                          thanks
                          M.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mxapacbell
                            Member
                            • Mar 2017
                            • 111

                            Originally posted by hermosabeach
                            Grab your sharpie and color one case. We are talking about resized brass, not fired brass not reloaded Ammo right??
                            Brass is once fired!.
                            I have new one , going to load and measure before and after to see what is causing it.

                            M.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1