Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Midway Factory Seconds bullets

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GW
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2004
    • 16078

    Midway Factory Seconds bullets

    I just ordered a box of 100 blemished bullets in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    They look fine so I'm not sure what the blemishes are but my real question is:
    Does anyone know who makes these bullets?
    sigpicNRA Benefactor Member
  • #2
    elpaisa1
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 243

    Probably hornady

    Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

    Comment

    • #3
      Ferrum
      Janitors Mop
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Aug 2011
      • 4431

      They are Hornady's. I ordered 500 38's and 500 45's. I couldn't tell you what the "blemish" was... Both calibers ended up being XTP's.

      It was a good deal!

      Comment

      • #4
        BigBronco also not a Cabinetguy
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2009
        • 7079

        Sampelings of bullets are taken from batch runs then weighed measured and test fired. If the fired sampelings don't group within tolerance they are not packaged for retail. Only those in spec go in the box with their name on it.
        "Life is a long song" Jethro Tull

        Comment

        • #5
          wbunning
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2013
          • 808

          I bought a buncha “clearance” .38 plateds from Xtreme. They clearly state on their website that they are blems. The blemishes are hard to discern. Weights and diameters are fine, lengths seem to vary. Anyway, they work fine as plinking ammo so I bought more. They were only about 6cpr.
          I bet the Hornady’s will work out the same way..less than match consistency but fine for practice.

          Comment

          • #6
            17+1
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 2847

            I got some super ugly hornady 53 grain BTHPs from midway a few years back. They shoot fine, just ugly to look at.

            Comment

            • #7
              smoothy8500
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3846

              I like the Nosler "Blems" from shooters Pro Shop, especially when they go on sale periodically:

              Comment

              • #8
                jandmtv
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2007
                • 5800

                Originally posted by 17+1
                I got some super ugly hornady 53 grain BTHPs from midway a few years back. They shoot fine, just ugly to look at.
                Even after a couple beers?
                Looking for RPR or Precision Rifle Accessories? Check out Anarchy Outdoors. http://www.anarchyoutdoors.com?afmc=1w

                Comment

                • #9
                  17+1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 2847

                  Originally posted by jandmtv
                  Even after a couple beers?
                  Haha need whiskey, beer is for lightweights.

                  Like I said though, they shoot fine.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wbunning
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 808

                    Originally posted by 17+1
                    I got some super ugly hornady 53 grain BTHPs from midway a few years back. They shoot fine, just ugly to look at.
                    One, or two baggers?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1