Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A great quote from the Chief...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57178

    A great quote from the Chief...

    I just bumped into this and I HAD to post it for everyone's enjoyment...

    Originally posted by USN CHIEF
    Flack This is what I don't get, I will only probably be reloading maybe about 1k rounds of .223/.308 and .45 every 2 months or so. Am I doing the right thing by getting a progressive press. Should I be getting a single stage press?
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.
  • #2
    USN CHIEF
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2007
    • 11540

    LOL. Bro, I never imagined that reloading was going to be so easy and so addicting.... I seriously am very thankful to you and all the great advice that you gave me along with all the many cal gunners that participated on that thread.

    Wow, I have reloaded many rounds since then. LOL. I kind of feel bad for the guys/girls that are just now getting started or want to get started since most of the reloaded components are very scarce.

    A few advices I can give you guys/girls is to buy in bulk to take advantages of the savings. Be prepared to spend a lot of time prepping the brass, that is the most time consuming part of reloading. Be prepared to be overwhelm when you first your reloads for the first time and everything works perfect.
    Originally posted by tankerman
    I think most folks bubba their AR's because they watch too many action movies, play too many video games and don't understand how to socialize properly, so they fantasize about being 'action hero's'. Kind of like little girls playing dress-up.
    Originally posted by Douglas711
    Is everybody stocking up on guys now? Just curious some gun prices seem to be getting high.

    Comment

    • #3
      Saigon1965
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Nov 2003
      • 17278

      Lets not introduce him to other things just yet -

      Comment

      • #4
        ar15barrels
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 57178

        Originally posted by saigon1965
        Lets not introduce him to other things just yet -
        Bullet casting perhaps?
        Randall Rausch

        AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
        Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
        Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
        Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
        Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

        Comment

        • #5
          Saigon1965
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Nov 2003
          • 17278

          Hold on - Let me buy up the lead out there first -

          Comment

          • #6
            jwest
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 3958

            I second the motion for bullet casting - then onto making our own brass, primers, and gunpowder ...

            Self-sufficiency, I say!
            sigpic
            "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --- Benjamin Franklin
            Freedom isn't free. Read the Declaration of Independence everyday - it'll keep the New World Order away.
            Quote: Army: "Your ignorant liberal puke rhetoric is tiresome."
            We live in a society of extreme behavior with no electronic self control.

            Comment

            • #7
              Faust
              Senior Member
              • May 2007
              • 839

              Given the state we are in we should start looking in to casting or swaging Lead Free pills.
              Last edited by Faust; 03-08-2009, 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling
              Screw the environment! The sooner we trash this place the sooner we will have the political will to explore space and conquer the known universe, spreading like locust we will plunder, crush new enemies, take their women and if we are lucky, we shall meet our fate on the battlefield.
              Faust.

              Comment

              • #8
                eijjie33
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2008
                • 904

                1k rounds every month?i think he reloads more than that in an hour or so...LOL
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i04gCDA-mg

                Comment

                • #9
                  r08ert209cali
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1534

                  lets just do a group buy on a manufacturing facility. We can sell enough to stock pile for free

                  I dunno, I've never been much for guns. I mean, sure, we have the usual gun by the door, another near the TV, one in the kitchen, and another in the bedroom...and several others laying around. For the most part though, we keep our home free of guns. We are peace loving folks.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Darklyte27
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 9372

                    hahahaha!
                    2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

                    Chickens

                    Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Soldier415
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 9537

                      I need to start relaoding when I get home.
                      Originally posted by harmoniums
                      Absolutely, I've refused sale before.
                      My gut is good for two things, making poo and spotting crazy
                      Originally posted by bwiese
                      Do not get your legal advice from Forest Rangers or Sheriffs: that's like getting medical advice from your plumber.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        WokMaster1
                        Part time Emperor
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 5436

                        Originally posted by saigon1965
                        Lets not introduce him to other things just yet -
                        Not the Macarena, PLEASE!!!!
                        "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          4literranger485
                          Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 492

                          could you see him doing the macarena 10k times


                          Now could you quit hogging the nations supply of varget and small rifle primers so the rest of us can work on the cache as well?

                          RD Game Calls Silver Pro-Staff
                          RD Game Calls

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            .454
                            Banned
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3839

                            Originally posted by ar15barrels
                            Bullet casting perhaps?

                            Yep, boolit casting. That's the next mutation of the reloading virus he needs to be contaminated with.
                            Here how the BCD (Boolit Casting Disease) manifests in me



                            Yes I know Glocks aren't supposed to shoot cast boolits because of the polygonal barrel, mine has an aftermarket lead OK barrel.
                            Last edited by .454; 03-09-2009, 11:06 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Gunaria
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2007
                              • 3894

                              Nice pic .454.

                              I just picked up a used Lee turet press this weekend so it looks like I'll be getting into the reloading game too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1