Have any of you tried Shell Shock Technologies two piece cartridge cases? I had never heard of them until today. It seems like a solution in search of a problem. Are they actually better in any way?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shell Shock cases?
Collapse
X
-
No personal experience, but this video by JRB is very interesting:
-
you can get it in any cartridge you want, as long as it's 9mm.
Cool that you can police your own brass using a magnet, but I am inclined to agree it is a solution searching for a problem.
Still, CADOJ will outlaw the use of brass in ammo in the next few years, so good to find alternatives.Comment
-
Two piece cases have been around for decades.
The main advantage is the caseheads and primer pocket never wear out.
I don't see the need on 9mm pistols but on rifle cases it could make a resurgence.Lynn Dragoman, Jr.
Southwest Regional Director
Unlimited Range Shooters Association (URSA)
www.unlimitedrange.org
Not a commercial business.
URSA - Competition starts at 2000 yards!Comment
-
Originally posted by sfarchitectThe days of scared old white people, terrified that life and the world has passed them by running America is coming to a close.Comment
-
Originally posted by sfarchitectThe days of scared old white people, terrified that life and the world has passed them by running America is coming to a close.Comment
-
Interesting stuff, 9MM brass is so plentiful, it's hard to see that catching on. I don't shoot that much 9MM, and I usually come home with more than I brought.
Being able to pick it up with a magnet....That would be nice!Mike M.
Dayton, NV
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas JackComment
-
I think the steel case rule isn't about the case but about the projectile. A lot of the Russian ammo has a steel case, and a steel jacketed bullet with a copper washing on the outside. They're probably concerned about the backstop at an indoor range vs the steel jacket bullets. If it's outdoor, they're worried about steel bullets hitting s rock and making sparks.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,507
Posts: 25,148,551
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13969 users online. 140 members and 13829 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment