Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

45 acp ammo

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Mickey3Gun
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 54

    Extreme Shock

    For in -house (literately) I like the frangible stuff. Haven't had a mis-feed in my P220 yet. But Ranger's are my next in line.
    Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
    sigpic
    2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Basic Rifle and Pistol Instructor

    Comment

    • #17
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      Originally posted by topgun7
      Winchester Ranger SXT +P.
      That, but since it wasn't an option, I picked Federal.
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        Jonathan Doe

        Originally posted by Mickey3Gun
        For in -house (literately) I like the frangible stuff. Haven't had a mis-feed in my P220 yet. But Ranger's are my next in line.
        In the past when we were testing the frangible ammo, the bullet was designed to shatter or turned to powder on contact with hard surface. I actually shot MP5 in full auto at 2 feet from the steel plate and I didn't get hit with anything. Actually, at a crime scene, I saw a frangible bullet shattered by the auto glass. The problem was it went through anything other than hard object. I haven't tested it against body armor, but I was told it went through during the test. The frangible bullet manufactures also told me a few years ago that they market to LE only because of the issue. I don't know if it has changed in last 10 years.

        So, when you decide to shoot the frangible ammo for the home defense, you'd better test your ammo to see if it will be stopped by the wall. I have seen HP bullets and buck shots go through the walls also.

        Comment

        • #19
          pdq_wizzard
          Veteran Member
          • May 2008
          • 3813

          Here is a good site to see what different ammo will do...

          A forum community dedicated to all ammunition and firearm owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about optics, gear, gunsmithing, shots, slugs, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!
          Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
          A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.

          Originally posted by M. Sage
          More what? More crazy?
          You live in California. There's always more crazy. It's a renewable resource.

          Comment

          • #20
            Chaingun
            Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 355

            Speer Gold dot 230gr but they would all work

            Comment

            • #21
              Mickey3Gun
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 54

              Originally posted by topgun7
              So, when you decide to shoot the frangible ammo for the home defense, you'd better test your ammo to see if it will be stopped by the wall. I have seen HP bullets and buck shots go through the walls also.
              TG, I'm going to do some testing in March. I plan to build some test wall's, and I'll let you know about the vest, too. But a good point, trust but verify........
              Duct tape is like 'The Force'. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
              sigpic
              2nd Amendment Foundation Life Member
              NRA Endowment Member
              NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
              NRA Certified Basic Rifle and Pistol Instructor

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1