35 years reloading and I finally stuck a case. What ya'll using?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Lee Decapper/stuck case
Collapse
X
-
40 + for me . My nephews have brought 3 home [ one was given to me - a 243 - into freezer , then sonic and into loadmaster . Nephew said - he said he os sticking with Lyman , tell your uncle he can have the dam Lee's . ]
All 3 times when cases came , they had little flecks of rust on them .
I never do more than 400 reloads before my dies go into sonic with either WD - 40 or CRC 232 .
Others will say I am crazy [ etc ] but my loadmaster has places for 5 dies so I use all 5 [ deprime , clean and reprime off press ]
I / we do mostly pistols but lately they are shooting the 308s like the 22 lr .
I use the Lee universal decapper , then the sizer .
I have often wondered why there are 5 die holes , but the best / most dies in a set are 4 - anyone got answer ?
Sorry 'bout hi-jacking thread -life member - CRPA and NRA
All ways listen - after you can say I new thatComment
-
What caliber was it? I mostly decap with the LEE universal decap die then resize separately but have has issues with certain brass/ammo.
Using the universal decapper, I hate some problems with HotShot ammo in 6.5x55 that I shot out of my Ljungman ag42b. The primer holes are boxer but smaller than normal and the pin would stick in them. After breaking 2 LEE pins, I purchased some tapered ball-point pins on ebay, but haven't used them. Instead I took to running them onto a flash hole deburring tool on my Lyman case prep express before decapping. Open up that flash hole a bit and no more issues.
For resizing I use the cheap Frankford Arsenal spray stuff and never have a problem. Everyone has their own preference but a lot of them work very well. I have also heard imperial is the bee's knees.Comment
-
Any range brass that is crimped goes into brass bucket .
I decap my pistol cases with the frankford decapper , so have plenty of decapping pins .
Bottle necks are a different story . I used to decap the 243 , 270 30/30 and 30-06 on single stage - I was just sighting in the rifles .
When CA when goofy , 3 nephews wanted 308 and 762 .
Now I decap at one station and resize on next - then clean primer pocket and flash hole [ no sense in getting the media any dirtier than needed ]life member - CRPA and NRA
All ways listen - after you can say I new thatComment
-
.308 not crimped military ammo. Probably just soft brass on the rim but it just came right off. I'm ordering the stuck case kit today. I'm sure I'll get my $ out of it.What caliber was it? I mostly decap with the LEE universal decap die then resize separately but have has issues with certain brass/ammo.
Using the universal decapper, I hate some problems with HotShot ammo in 6.5x55 that I shot out of my Ljungman ag42b. The primer holes are boxer but smaller than normal and the pin would stick in them. After breaking 2 LEE pins, I purchased some tapered ball-point pins on ebay, but haven't used them. Instead I took to running them onto a flash hole deburring tool on my Lyman case prep express before decapping. Open up that flash hole a bit and no more issues.
For resizing I use the cheap Frankford Arsenal spray stuff and never have a problem. Everyone has their own preference but a lot of them work very well. I have also heard imperial is the bee's knees.
Comment
-
I've had good luck with the hardened recapping pins. for lube i use pure liquid lanolin and 99% isopropyl alcohol mix (9:1 ratio) as a spray, works great. leaned about it from a long time bullseye shooter/reloader. you can get all these on amazon.Last edited by mtenenhaus; 06-08-2017, 10:37 PM.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,416
Posts: 25,147,628
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 19642 users online. 113 members and 19529 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment