Hey guys n gals..
For those of you who use a chronograph in your load development for handguns, what do you consider to be your "target" for SD and ES?
For as long as I've used a chronograph, I've considered an SD of 10 and ES of 30 as my minimum standard for a usable target/plinking load, given that accuracy, absence of leading, and case obturation are also acceptable. I shoot mostly cast/powder coated bullets that I make.
Again.. just talking about recreational shooting here, not for competetive match work. I load for and shoot most calibers and cartridges between 9mm and .45 Colt. I'm just wondering if you think my standards are too high or too low.
I would appreciate your input, either to validate my numbers, or to tell me I'm off-base and a whacko. Never too late, or too old to learn :-)
Thanks!
For those of you who use a chronograph in your load development for handguns, what do you consider to be your "target" for SD and ES?
For as long as I've used a chronograph, I've considered an SD of 10 and ES of 30 as my minimum standard for a usable target/plinking load, given that accuracy, absence of leading, and case obturation are also acceptable. I shoot mostly cast/powder coated bullets that I make.
Again.. just talking about recreational shooting here, not for competetive match work. I load for and shoot most calibers and cartridges between 9mm and .45 Colt. I'm just wondering if you think my standards are too high or too low.
I would appreciate your input, either to validate my numbers, or to tell me I'm off-base and a whacko. Never too late, or too old to learn :-)
Thanks!

Comment