Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mike Dillon RIP

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    kcstott
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 11796

    Originally posted by rm1911
    I never quite understood his business model. He built and sold a product that works amazingly, never breaks, and you never need to buy another. 25 years, several dozen thousand flawless rounds and when I lose a pin, or a spring wears out, or if I break a part, they ship it out that day. No charge. And usually throw in a bunch of extra parts.

    How the hell is a company to survive when they have no repeat customers. I mean come on, sometime I'm going to need to buy a replacement. That thing certainly won't last forever.

    Or maybe it will.

    Mike, you are always the man. God bless. I'll raise a drink to ya, but you shouldn't drink and reload. So instead, I'll just crank out an extra 1k in your honor.
    You think there's $40 in parts in a caliber conversion?? $30 in a tool head, or $20 for a powder die, or $20 for a powder funnel, Then you have the other presses to consider and envy, the XL650, the RL1050, the Super 1050

    But you need to understand something, Dillon is Subsidized, That Minigun they make is taking care of any loses associated with good service.
    US Government contracts are a very lucrative business to be in.

    Comment

    • #17
      madjack956
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 2617

      Originally posted by kcstott
      You think there's $40 in parts in a caliber conversion?? $30 in a tool head, or $20 for a powder die, or $20 for a powder funnel, Then you have the other presses to consider and envy, the XL650, the RL1050, the Super 1050

      But you need to understand something, Dillon is Subsidized, That Minigun they make is taking care of any loses associated with good service.
      US Government contracts are a very lucrative business to be in.




      All due respect KC, but Dillon started making improvements to minigun parts in the early 90's and really didn't start making the whole thing for the government until the late 90's- early 2000's.

      He was providing great service on his presses long before that.
      Last edited by madjack956; 12-11-2016, 2:36 PM.
      Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org

      Comment

      • #18
        bubbapug1
        Calguns Addict
        • Nov 2008
        • 7958

        Btt
        I love America for the rights and freedoms we used to have.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1