Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading Newbie

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    JagerDog
    I need a LIFE!!
    • May 2011
    • 15614

    Originally posted by Truck286
    Single stage would probably be my safest start. I just dont want to regret buying it in 5 months wishing I woulda got the progressive as I wont have the funds I currently have to Invest LATER.
    Buy Once Cry Once kinda thought.
    The single stage will not be money wasted. Most single stage presses are pretty cheap ($100'ish). You'll need all the other stuff anyways if you end up with a progressive for volume shooting. The single stage can still be valuable for various prep operations and/or low volume loads, load development, etc.
    Palestine is a fake country

    No Mas Hamas



    #Blackolivesmatter

    Comment

    • #17
      mikeyr
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 1554

      if you are a slow learner get the 650 and use it as a single stage, don't use the case feeder and walk each round through the press, just like a single would (ok, you are not handling the brass between each station, but close enough) then as you get more comfortable start using it as a progressive. That way the same press works for both situations as you learn and get better, so you don't have to buy a new press.

      That being said, I don't know any reloaders that don't have multiple presses, single stage and progressive I am sure that there are many here, but I don't know them personally, all my friends have multiple presses, just like me. I started on the 650 in progressive and it was a steep learning curve but I did it. I have done .308 on the 650 but i found that IMR 4064 does not meter well in the powder drop so I went single stage and a RCBS Chargemaster for the .308
      sigpic
      NRA Benefactor Member
      . CRPA Member

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1