Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Loadmaster ordered from Gander Mountain AGAIN!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PTLaro
    Member
    • Mar 2015
    • 323

    Loadmaster ordered from Gander Mountain AGAIN!

    So about 4weeks ago Gander Mountain had a promo, so I ordered a Lee Loadmaster. Three days later they send an email saying that they are out of stock and cancelled my order. I also lost out on the promo.

    Today they had another promo and so I thought I would give it another try. Let's see what happens this time.
  • #2
    rm1911
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2013
    • 4073

    Here's a suggestion. Call up Dillon. They're special deal is the same every day of the year. The finest reloading equipment in the world with a true no BS lifetime warranty at a great price. 25 years later you'll still be cranking out ammo and you will have long forgotten the price.
    NRA Life Member since 1990

    They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

    Comment

    • #3
      davek8s
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 2014

      Seems like everyone I know with a Dillion blue press on their bench has a Lee single stage press mounted next to it.
      I've had my Lee anniversary kit for about 5 years now and it works great for me.

      Hope you enjoy your new load master Op.

      Comment

      • #4
        PTLaro
        Member
        • Mar 2015
        • 323

        Originally posted by rm1911
        Here's a suggestion. Call up Dillon. They're special deal is the same every day of the year. The finest reloading equipment in the world with a true no BS lifetime warranty at a great price. 25 years later you'll still be cranking out ammo and you will have long forgotten the price.
        I don't think there is any argument that Dillon is a fine press and probable "better" quality, but the Lee Load Master at $214 shipped is in my budget and I believe it will get the job done for me.

        I liken it to buying a Mercedes or a Ford. One is finer than the other but both get to where you are going.

        My brother started with a Lee Turret and then bought a Dillon. He still uses his Lee and recommended I buy a Turret as well.

        After I use it for a while, I can speak more to it's quality and if it is getting the job done for me.

        Thanks

        Comment

        • #5
          Lead Waster
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Sep 2010
          • 16650

          Originally posted by davek8s
          Seems like everyone I know with a Dillion blue press on their bench has a Lee single stage press mounted next to it.
          I've had my Lee anniversary kit for about 5 years now and it works great for me.

          Hope you enjoy your new load master Op.
          I have three dillons, a single stage Rockchucker ... and a lee loader single stage that came in a bundle with the load book. I leave a universal deprimer in it and that's it's job. The rockchuckers job is to swage out crimped primer pockets. Loading is done on the dillons. However, I have the Lee "bulge buster" that will probably go on the Lee press to un-glock .40 brass when I get around to loading that caliber.
          ==================

          sigpic


          Remember to dial 1 before 911.

          Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

          There. Are. Four. Lights!

          Comment

          • #6
            Lead Waster
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Sep 2010
            • 16650

            Originally posted by PTLaro
            I don't think there is any argument that Dillon is a fine press and probable "better" quality, but the Lee Load Master at $214 shipped is in my budget and I believe it will get the job done for me.

            I liken it to buying a Mercedes or a Ford. One is finer than the other but both get to where you are going.

            My brother started with a Lee Turret and then bought a Dillon. He still uses his Lee and recommended I buy a Turret as well.

            After I use it for a while, I can speak more to it's quality and if it is getting the job done for me.

            Thanks
            Lee makes good stuff. Almost all my dies are Lee, and I have a ton of Lee accessories. It's good stuff, and really for a single stage press, they are simple so ANY single stage is up to the task. I've not used a Lee turret, but from what I hear the classic turret is the way to go for turrets.

            Don't let "snobbery" or preference persuade you that Lee products aren't any good, they are.

            I've not used their progressives so I don't know about them. I do know that my 550b, which I've had for 20 years, runs like a, uh, well oiled machine (when I oil it well). Every machine has it's quirks, once you learn them, it's no big deal.
            ==================

            sigpic


            Remember to dial 1 before 911.

            Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

            There. Are. Four. Lights!

            Comment

            • #7
              chevy95
              Member
              • Dec 2013
              • 141

              PTLaro

              Very well stated. Not all of us can afford the best (or perceived best), but we get where we want to go anyhow!

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1